+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex bf has a new gf only after two weeks

Ex bf has a new gf only after two weeks

Hi guys!

I have a huge problem currently.
    My ex boyfriend broke up with me back in the middle of march, told me he's gonna join special forces and has to return to the States in April already. he's an American soldier, currently stationed in Germany and we've been together for 8 months.
    The break up got pretty messed up, we blocked each other everywhere on social media and there hasn't been any contact ever since.
    Only two weeks after the break I found out via a mutual friend, that he's already in a new relationship with another girl, although he told me he's gonna be gone soon and so on and so on.

I then made the mistake that I started looking up his IG profile on another website and he's flaunting his new gf after only knowing her for two weeks all over the place. He's going out of his way to show everyone his new happiness and love.

I feel so devastated, I remember when we got together it was different. We already talked for like 3 months on the phone before we even met each other in person the first time (it was a long distance relationship). It took him three months to post something with me for the first time and he never posted so much stuff at once, I feel like he posted more this past week with her than he has been posting in 8 months with me.
    The girl already changed her profile pic into a couple pic and made a playlist on Spotify with the title "husband" with songs from his playlists, some of them he had sent me just two days after we separated.

Of course now I'm telling myself she must've already been there before, cause no one makes a relationship that official just one week after knowing each other right? And that he's found the love of his life and that he's gonna marry her and take her to the States with him and so on and so on. Although I know that it first of shouldn't bother me anymore and second of it's pretty unlikely that within two weeks he changed completely and is now ready for a serious, committed, stable relationship. Cause he had a lot of issues with himself during our relationship, alcohol and drug abuse, depressed mood swings, sometimes he treated me really badly, showed no empathy or whatever, you could say it was an emotional rollercoaster.

I know, I know. Everyone thinks and tells me the same, that I dodged a major bullet and that he's not worth a single tear or thought anymore, but I don't know how I should cope with that. I feel like he never loved me at all and that he just fake loved everything in those past 8 months.

What do y'all think about?
    Last edited by Madeleine_; 07-04-18 at 04:29 PM.

I think that seeing this must hurt you deeply but that you are wise in that you already stated all the logical reasons why you are better off without him. Logic doesn't blunt the emotional pain.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop picking at the scab. Disconnect on all social media & resist the temptation to look.

I think you should take what everyone has said to you to heart.

Be sad, take the time to grieve the end of this and then move on.

It wasn't going to work out because of his issues. Those are now her problems and within 3 months she may be exactly where you are.

or...

they are more compatible with each other than you and he were.

At any rate, quit creeping on their social media. It's not doing you any favors.
    People treat you the way they feel about you

If you choose to remain with someone who doesn't treat you well, you cease being the victim and become the volunteer.

~Derrick Jaxn -- look him up

It doesn’t matter what we think
    You are hurt because you love him
    And you thought he loved you back

Now you don’t know if that is true. And the answer is:
    It doesn’t matter
    Maybe it was true until some point
    Maybe he was lying the whole time
    You know one thing for sure though:

He does not love you now and probably will never ever love you again.

And that doesn’t mean you can’t love him a little still
    It doesn’t mean you can’t love other and better men
    It just means you have to let him go.

Maybe you are right, he doesnt love you in the past period. Actually man wouldnt do that bad things to a girl he really like, in contrast, he would love u, protect u, treat u like princess or at least give his best to u. Bt in your case, it seems like he just want a girl friend-substitution to solve his bore and spiritual empty not really falling in love with you that u called it fake love.

Forgot that guy and have a further love with a worth man

They are infatuated with each other, not in love. All those things about getting married and crap is just talk and probably won't happen. She will eventually find out his issues and the relationship will implode on itself. People like him will jump right in to escape their real feelings and their issues. When you get so high, you will crash...and it's going to happen. You just wait...in about 3 or 4 months, things will start to unravel and all the bliss is going to turn into disappointment.

The others have given you great advice that I would agree with 100%. I'd have said a lot of the same advice. Sounds like you already know you are better off without him anyway, so better to focus on that as much as you can. You WILL find somebody great. The pain will go away in time and you will realize that it is a blessing in disguise that you didn't end up with him for longer.

...So, with all of that already covered, maybe this is something you hadn't thought of...

Honestly... There's a pretty damn good chance he's being so showy about this new relationship to mask the truth. People will do that a lot. It is entirely possible he just needs to project this facade like he is so happy so soon after his break-up. It could be nearly 100% for show. And, Hell, even if not and he actually thinks he is that happy in his new relationships... it isn't really healthy to be THAT into each other that quickly. Relationships like that rarely last. Those people get too into the "honeymoon phase" and they "fall in love" way too easily... then when that feeling fades they think that the means they aren't in love, and they move on for the next big thing. Mature adults realize that the end of the honeymoon phase can actually be great... because it is when you know each other well, the newness and excitement has faded... and yet you still love each other and want to be together. People like him may never get that, so they'll just keep bouncing from relationship to relationship thinking they are so in love only for it to eventually explode.

Karma is a b-word. If nothing else, know that you will go on to be happy and find somebody great. He will probably just repeat his miserable cycle over and over. Good luck to you. In time, you'll forget all about him and he won't matter in the slightest.