+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania 34

Quote Originally Posted by My Coffee Cup View Post
    Brock Lesnar is now the longest reigning modern day champion!
    Mostly achieved by barely ever being around, though. Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge Brock Lesnar fan and love him as champ.... but I very much do not love that he disappears sometimes for months at a time, thereby leaving them basically without any main title on Raw. At least with the brand split they still have the WWE title on Smack Down. There was that time recently where they ONLY had the WWE title... and Lesnar was champ and was similarly missing for months at a time. So, that left them without any main title at all during his absences. I may be a bit of a purist, but the main title of the show should be on the majority of your shows, not missing for weeks or even months at a time.

I read today that upcoming pay-per-views will be 4 to 5 hours long!

That's just, a bit too much WWE action for one night.

Quote Originally Posted by My Coffee Cup View Post
    I read today that upcoming pay-per-views will be 4 to 5 hours long!

That's just, a bit too much WWE action for one night.
    UGH! Yeah, absolutely agreed. Mainly, that is because they are doing combined PPVs from now on. Raw and Smack Down both on all the shows. No more two separate shows most months (other than, obviously, for the big shows like Wrestlemania). So, to compensate for that they are just going to jam pack the shows with way too much, making them pretty hard to sit through if you ask me. Cripes, even for their bigger shows like Wrestlemania my brothers and I find ourselves getting sick of it WAY too early. We catch ourselves being like "Wait.... there's still like 5 matches left! When is this going to END?!" And we are life long wrestling fans. Not good, WWE. Not good.

Do you think Kane will be retiring soon, because of his obligations as a politician? He had a tremendous run in WWE back in the glory days of the WWF. These days, he has no direction left to go in. The Kane character really serves little purpose these days other than to squash somebody, then vanish again for a year.

Maybe, maybe not. I forget, is he currently running or did the campaign end yet? If it is already over, did he win? Because, if he wins I'm sure he will probably be a lot less active in WWE. He'll have other responsibilities. Either way, I'm sure Kane is probably at a point in his career where he won't be AS active, but he strikes me as one of the kind of guys we will always see pop in from time to time. So, even if his political career doesn't take off, he'll probably not be on ALL the time (at least not for much longer) but I bet we'll see him pop in now and then. He's always been one of my favorites.

I think he won it. I agree. Kane has done LOADS for the company and deserves one last title run with a new, more "fired up" gimmick, because some may argue he went "soft" with all these 'face' tag team partners over these last several years. Although that run as Team Hell No with Daniel Bryan was quite hilarious. I'm kind of happy Undertaker isn't saying he's fully retired so he can still do the odd match as long as he is able to. Time takes its toll on a lot of guys, so I can understand why he has been rather limited in the ring, and look at guys like Triple H who can still put on entertaining matches with little build-up as a treat for the fans. His last match with John Cena was pretty decent, but not being advertised all that much, so these matches can still be good.

If Kane won the election, I sort of doubt he'll have another title run. Especially not with a more dominant gimmick. Not only would that not look all the great for his political career, but also why risk injury when he has other responsibilities?

I agree that is character was often softened up too much. Though, I will say that was somewhat a matter of necessity. Characters have to evolve and change over time. So, he couldn't always be exactly the same. I've enjoyed most of his character developments even when he was a bit of a softer character. Though, I have to admit that I have two personal favorite times in his career. The early parts of his career when he was an unstoppable monster is one. The other is early into his first time unmasking. Not the very first few weeks. That they royally screwed up if you ask me. But, once they settled into what his character would be without a mask I LOVED it. Like when he'd be led to the ring in chains. Or when everybody was deathly afraid to face him. I loved that period of his character.

Undertaker is my all time favorite... so I do like seeing him pop in from time to time as well. But, honestly, I have to admit that part of me wishes he would just retire from in ring action. I love the Undertaker... but for YEARS now he's just not had it anymore. With opponents like CM Punk he's able to hide it a bit and still have an amazing match. With guys like Brock Lesnar, who just wrestles such a vicious physical type of match, it is much more obvious. Not only that, but I do NOT want to see him add any further Wrestlemania losses, so he needs to just retire before that happens. LOL! It should have ended with one loss. Heck, maybe even zero. Maybe Lesnar shouldn't have even beaten him, but Roman certainly should never have been given that honor.

Do you play the games by 2K? I think they suck. When they were put out by THQ years ago, you could at least reverse holds. In these newer ones, you can hardly move, so you can never get a move in often. I'll say one thing. The roster and DLC is also overly hyped. But the game has an impressive roster of main current stars, and legends. Just that the game itself is rushed and not really any different each year.

I don't agree with not being able to get a move in. I play the games every year. Have for a LONG time. Since the PS1 days, basically. So, I've actually currently been playing WWE 2K18 for months and I never have any problem winning.

I happen to think the games are great (especially coming from the perspective of a guy who remembers playing games where Undertaker shot ghosts at his opponents and Goldust pulled a giant mallet out fo nowhere to hit them).... but definitely 100% agree that they are too similar every year. They don't change enough, improve enough, or add enough new feature/modes. In fact, often times they make things so much worse that used to be good. The "career" mode in the past two games has been awful. Largely in part because, instead of being a separate thing all to its own... they basically EXACTLY mimic universe mode in all that happens in the career mode.

To me, the fun of career mode is to have stories and that sort of thing. Not to just do basically exactly everything I can already do in Universe Mode. They need a good career mode. I love the idea that you go through it as a created wrestler so it is like you really are taking them through their whole career.... but there needs to be more engaging story lines to it like games of the past.

I will say, though, the graphics do seem to get better and better each year. I was even recently comparing some of the same created wrestlers I make every year even just between 2K17 and 2K18. Last year the skin tones still looked kind of painted on. Like, too perfect, all one color. This year you can see actual texture, and veins, and freckles, and creases/wrinkles, etc. I'm waiting for the time it finally gets to a point where they are virtually indistinguishable from an actual person. LOL!

I used to play WWF Attitude a lot in the early noughties, and loved the CAW mode that the game has. Now even Soul Calibur and Tekken does it too. But I've not been a big fighting game fan for a few decades, because I am too wired into survival horror type games, although even that slips off my popularity radar, thanks to Capcom just releasing so much nonsense for a quick dollar.

i like wwe. i am fan or Roman Empire

- - - Updated - - -

i just want Under Tekar in Wrestlemania.

I just read that Brock Lesnar isn't defending the title until SummerSlam!

I actually forgot I have been playing for much longer than I said initially. I have been playing basically since the NES and Sega Genesis days. Now THOSE were awful games. LOL! But, at the time we didn't know better so we loved them anyway.

I have to admit that it has been so long I can barely remember the CAW mode from WWF Attitude. But I definitely like the current CAW mode much better these days. It has improved so much over the years. Again, they are getting so good. They look so close to real life these days.

So... wait... Roman actually has fans?! LOL! But, seriously... I'm not a Roman Reigns fan myself... though I never really understood why the fans in general hate him so much either. ...BUT, by the very fact that so many do I think WWE needs to wake the Hell up and stop forcing him down people's throats. Heck, maybe turn him heel and let him have fun with that for a while. Then maybe the fans will turn around on him. Worked for the Rock. Imagine if they had decided "Naw, people will love him. We're going to keep him as the smiling goofus Rocky Maivia. No way we are turning him heel. They'll just have to accept him eventually." LOL!

Bumping for Peter in case he still wants discussion in here.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I read that they want to do two WrestleMania events now, kind of like how they did the Greatest Royal Rumble like that. The second one may occur in October of 2019.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast