+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania 34

WrestleMania 34

Discuss away.

Roman Reigns is gonna beat Brock Lesnar.

As sad as it sounds, John Cena's match with The Undertaker could be off now.

That would have been my guess too. (Regarding the Reigns vs. Lesnar match, that is.) I was surprised that they actually went with Lesnar winning. I was sure they were going to cram Roman down our throats again even though nobody has wanted him in the main event for years. They just keep refusing to listen. I am not a Roman fan, but I don't quite get the level of hate he gets either. ....But the fact is that so many of the fans do NOT want to see him in that spot. After so many disastrous attempts, when are they going to take a hint? Don't get me wrong. The fans can't always get what they want. The fans don't ALWAYS know best. ...But when somebody who is supposed to be your top good guy is getting these kind of reactions and you just refuse to listen... that shows that you don't care at all what your fans think.

Thing is, little kids buy all the merch and they are still young enough to generally like anybody WWE tells them to like. So, they'll keep buying Roman's merch so WWE will keep cramming him down everybody's throats. After Wrestlemania I thought "Wow. Well, so maybe they are starting to listen at least SOMEWHAT." ....But no. They probably just did it this way to hype their big even coming up at the end of this month. The cage match where I am sure they will probably have Roman win the title.

As far as the Undertaker.... it isn't like I was 100% sure, but I was pretty darn sure it was going to happen. They hyped it way too much with the whole "Will he respond? Will he just ignore Cena's challenge" stuff. I knew if he wasn't going to be there, they probably wouldn't have even said anything. So I was fairly certain it was happening.

This year's Wrestlemania was interesting. It actually had a lot of enjoyable moments this time around. It had a lot of questionable decisions as well, but that's WWE for you.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 10-04-18 at 11:15 PM.

Some matches felt rushed, but it was a great show just the same. I really was surprised that Lesnar won, giving all the hearsay that his WWE deal was about to expire. The Ronda Rousey match was the best one on the card. The two battle royals were okay. I got the vibe that they'd try to break a WrestleMania (or general WWE) record by adding that kid as Strowman's partner. Really didn't expect the new Nakamura heel turn, but I like it! It will be interesting to see where they go with the calls-ups to the main roster as well.

I would say my personal biggest complaint is just that there was too much. They try to cram way too much into one show and it just goes on for way too long. It would be a shame for any of the wrestlers to not be on the show at all, but it frankly could have benefited from at least one or two less matches.

Nakamura's heel turn could be really cool. I still think it is a little weird they went with him losing, but if the heel turn winds up being as awesome as I think it could, then it would ultimately be worth it. Nakamura is definitely capable of making it AWESOME! It's just a matter of whether WWE executes it well. I don't have a lot of faith in them these days in actually building new characters. They never seem to know what to do with anybody who isn't one of their golden boys like Cena or Roman.

I am very curious to see what Rousey will do going forward. Would love to see her as a more regular part of the roster and not just a once in a while kind of attraction. She definitely needs some work on the mic, though. A legitimate bad arse who could probably beat the crap out of most of the men on the roster.... and yet on the mic she was not very believable. But, that can be a hard skill to master. She'll get better with experience.

With Nikki Bella breaking up with John Cena, now would be a great time to make him into a heel for the first time since he was briefly a villain in 2003, and have him go around blaming X, Y and Z for his career slumping at the moment. I'm sure WWE won't even bother doing this at all, though. He's like their golden boy, but I do think he has become so boring, because since when are his matches that entertaining?

A Cena heel turn could be awesome, but I doubt the WWE will ever go for it. I mean, never say never... but he makes too much money for them with the little kiddos. Never mind that the majority of the fans (again, other than the little kiddos) have been sick of him for YEARS. WWE doesn't care. I mean, again. Look at Roman Reigns. They obviously never learned their lesson with Cena in the first place.

The sad thing is they get so obsessed and adamant about pushing their golden boys that so many other talented stars suffer. Look at guys like Bray Wyatt. One of the most interesting and creative new characters to come into the WWE in YEARS.... and they have ruined his credibility so much with so many stop and start pushes, lame angles that wind up going nowhere, and then just basically forgetting about him for long periods of time.

I'd like to say maybe his new thing lately with woken Matt Hardy will go somewhere... but it will probably either last a few months and be forgotten, or last a while but not actually go anywhere.

Tomorrow...WWE has a 50 man Royal Rumble. No women are in it.

Why would you have expected any women to be in it? That's pretty rare for WWE. Basically only Chyna and Beth Phoenix have ever entered the men's Royal Rumble. At the most recent regular Royal Rumble (this 50 man one was just a special event) they did have a SEPARATE women's Royal Rumble for the first time. But, with WWE's PG thing these days, I don't find it surprising at all that there were no women in the 50 man Royal Rumble.

I just think women shouldn't be in the same matches. It was good of WWE to introduce more match types for women. I always knew eventually we would get an Elimination Chamber match.

I am a big fan of women's wrestling. So I am very glad they have been featuring them so much more lately. I'm SO happy that they are no longer treated as just eye candy, and that they are no longer referred to as "divas." We've had a women's Hell in a Cell, a women's Money in the Bank ladder match, a women's Elimination Chamber, a women's Royal Rumble. I think it is awesome.

Though it is a shame WWE seems to suffer from the same complete lack of creativity with the women as they do with the men. Seems like they never know what to do with the majority of them either. Let's review the recent history. Names like Sasha Banks and Bailey come to mind. Both of them came onto the main roster with a lot of momentum and fan support. Both were way too quickly given the Women's title rather than given time to chase it for a while. Both then VERY quickly lost the title. I think Sasha's actually held it three times... losing it in her first defense all three times. Then both are basically all but forgotten.

WWE recently debuted two new groups of women. The Riott Squad and Absolution. They come in with a lot of momentum as these dominant groups there to shake things up and kick some butt. ....They very quickly start losing pretty much ALL of their matches making them look like they are not a threat at all. How much longer until all of them are largely forgotten?

God, I miss the days when WWE was actually good at building so many superstars at once that it was insane. Not everybody can be in the main event... but it seemed like almost everybody mattered. These days, I swear it is like they can only focus on the few people they give a crap about and everybody else is mostly forgotten.

I agree that they missed the boat with The Riott Squad and Absolution. They could have added a third member after Paige retired. I don't even know why they are still tagging together. There's a lot of Superstars on Main Event and all that who never appear on Raw or SmackDown much. I'm surprised some people still have a job. I'm even more surprised that Rhyno and Heath Slater are still a team. I don't see Heath getting a push any day soon.

It just baffles my mind. Honestly, I don't think you can find any better an example of how moronic the WWE is than to look at a guy like Zack Ryder. Here's a guy who was toiling away in nothingness, largely forgotten on the WWE roster as though he practically didn't exist.

He starts his own YouTube channel and gets MASSIVELY over with the fans all on his own. All without WWE having to do anything. To the point that LITERALLY the entire crowd seems to be into him/are "Woo woo woo'ing" along with him. I mean, how often does somebody get an ENTIRE crowd behind them like that? How does WWE capitalize on that? They have him win the United States title....and hold it for like a week.

Then they essentially forget about him literally for YEARS. I mean, it was literally years of him losing EVERY match until he finally won the Intercontinental title at Wrestlemania.... then lost it again the very next night on Raw. How in the heck do you not capitalize on somebody who built that kind of popularity, even if they did it on their own somehow?

I also think of a guy like Curt Hawkins. Why did they even bother bringing him back? They hype him up for weeks with his parody of Chuck Norris facts... and when he finally debuts he's basically a glorified jobber. Not like I think Curt Hawkins should be WWE champion or something, but why even bother bringing him back, why bothering hyping his return for WEEKS... if you were just going to do nothing with him?

I like how Viscera was like the new Sexual Chocolate for a while, complete with large pyjamas. Mark Henry deserved at least one brief world title run because of his loyalty to the company. Although even his career was full of awful situations, and Zack Ryder is going nowhere. Backlash is on later!

Mark Henry did actually have a run with the World Heavyweight title for a little bit. Back when they were still using the big gold belt. Frankly, not everybody can necessarily be the main champion (WWE champ, Universal champ, or whatever happens to be the main title or titles of the time). But, to have guys around that you are basically not even bothering to try to give a chance is really just a waste. If a character/wrestler doesn't get over then they don't get over. Then, fine, don't use them as much or even release them. But when you barely use a guy other than to have him constantly lose for YEARS, what exactly do you expect to happen? They never really even gave Zack Ryder a chance.

Mark Henry definitely deserved that World title run for sure. After being around so long and all the awful storylines he suffered through. Yeah, I agree he deserved at least one good run as the top guy.

Brock Lesnar is now the longest reigning modern day champion!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast