+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this guy an online love scammer

Is this guy an online love scammer

I'm a female from Hong Kong and met a Scotland-born Chinese in a Hong Kong dating site. We have text in WeChat for 3 weeks. He is a self-employed structural engineer and run a family business of building material. He born and raised in Scotland. He and his mother live in Dundee, Scotland. He just had a business trip to HK & China one month ago and love this place. He wants to find a girl and would relocate to here. I asked him why don't find a girl in home town. He replied that the UK girls are crazy and want sex only.

He said that he is 46 and wants to settle down. He doesnt want to have other broken relationship. He is simple man and he is 100% trust his partners. He said that he could not accept his partner has any doubts on him. One time he argued with me and asked me to have second thoughts in this relationship because he thought I have doubt on him.

I know the online love scammer incidents. Hence, during our text, I also asked some details such as several photos, his full name, mobile number, his own company name, email address, etc. I also asked his facebook account but he said that his ex-girlfriend had sex with his best friends in his house and posted the photos in social medial. Hence, he quit from all social media. He dont have any friend too because his friends laughed at him because of his ex girlfriend's affairs. I conducted some google search based on his details but found nothing based on his photos, his full name, mobile number, his own company name, email address in IM, LinkedIn, IG, Skype, etc. I used to ask his company website but he claimed it is in maintanance. I also asked the contact of the interpreter he hired in China because one of my clients want to hire an interpreter too. He said he will check and reply me.

He never asked my financial status and he just asked my hobbies, what man I am looking for, what relationship I want, what I can do for love, my marital status, my love history, my family background and he also told me his answer about these questions. His dad was passed away and he inherit his business but has debts. His dad run the business on credit and the buyers did not pay off. He has one mother only, no any relative in Scotland and Taiwan. His grandparents were immigrated from Taiwan to UK. He has one house and his parents bought one house and these two houses are on mortgage too. Frankly speaking, our life and love goal is quite similar. After our one-week chat, he said that he has a wish and he wants to be with me in the rest of his life. I replied that I can take a travel to Scotland in Christmas holiday and he is happy about this. He advised me when he will have Christmas holiday. I also questioned what his mother likes because I need to buy Christmas gifts and he tells me his mother's preference.

Two days ago I told him that the online love scams crimes in HK and I told him that UK and Germany also happened such crimes. But he said he never heard of these news. Then, yesterday I asked him again about the contact of interpreter and I want his business card too because I have some friends living in Scotland and they may refer some businesses to him but he said he had fever & flu. Then, I said I want to have webcam talk with him. Then, he said that I suspect him as online love scammer and then he blocked all my contacts in WeChat and Whatsapp.

I am just curious whether he is sincere guy or online love scammer. His family & occupation and no presence in social media is very similar as online love scammer. But he is fluent in English writing and his chat about his mother, our hobbies and holiday seems unlike a scammer. He never asked my financial status and I told him that my family used to be poor and now we are just fine, not rich.

I used to have online relationship with a BBC guy 10 years ago but that time there was not much online crime. The BBC guy travelled to HK to meet me and I travelled to Leeds, UK to meet him. We separated because we could not relocate and moved together.

Grateful for your advice. I want to have some clues because I may have other online relationship. I am not sure whether he is indeed an online scammer or I should not ask too much.
    Last edited by frankgirl; 11-04-18 at 06:42 PM.

He is pushy, manipulative and controlling. He expects you to not doubt him, but he doubts you....like I always say, if it doesn't feel right, then it's not. Ya my advice is to forget about him.

smackie09, Thank you for your advice. Yes, he is so strange. I found that he deleted his Whatsapp and WeChat account on the next day. Besides, his phone number in Whatsapp is never connected though I called this by my office line. I'm lucky that he was out of my life so soon.