+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex Husband Still Gives Me Gifts

Ex Husband Still Gives Me Gifts

It has been a yr and a half since our break-up. It was not on good terms since he cheated on me with a common friend, and smeared me to his friends and family to preserve his image. He still emails me (i kept my email open for bills and stuff) every now and then esp on special occasions like during my bday and christmas with "i miss you", "you're still the one, "im hurting too" blah blah but I never replied bec of his inconsistencies; I need the time to heal. He sent me gifts and cash too and he had it delivered to my place but I never used it; just stored it in a box in my closet. It is just not the same anymore, and returning it seems immature. Why does he still continue communicating with me and giving me presents even if he is now with this woman?

Maybe he is testing the waters, to see where he stands with you or trying for another chance? Could be he feels guilty for what he did and is trying to keep things friendly with you. Do you have children together? Just tell him to stop sending you gifts and constant mails.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”