+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Space week

Space week

My gf and I have dated for a year and lived together for 8 months. She asked me to move out last week, Saturday I was going to then she appeared to have a second thought about it all. She asked me Sunday to move out for 2-3 weeks, I said a week. At this stage it’s been three days, both communicating and still so much uncertainty or any answers. Would anyone be willing g to give advice and thoughts on what the possible outcome is. This stage I’m trying to prepare myself for the breakup

Your GF is ripping the bandaid off slowly. You fix what is wrong in a relationship by talking & working together. You don't kick somebody out of their living space for 2-3 weeks. If she wants "space" why can't she just go home to her parents' house for a long weekend? Her problem solving skills leave a lot to be desired. If I were you, I'd only move out if that move was to be permanent.

Thankyou. I’ve slowly reached that decision to move on. It’s not something you do to someone you love. You talk about everything. Even if she was genuine and was going to have me back. It’s not fair to do this ro someone you claim to have deep feelings for. I’m feeling better by the hour about the situation and myself now. In the long run, it’s her loss

Why were you asked to move out? Did you also pay rent there, or only her? If she wanted space why didn't SHE go elsewhere for the few weeks why did you have to leave?
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle