+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My card got deducted thrice!!!

My card got deducted thrice!!!

So I was buying souvenir shirts in one of the major malls of Cebu when my card got deducted THREE times. They didn’t do it on purpose, though. On the first two tries,
    they said there was an error but the third one went through successfully. I thought maybe it was just some connection issue or something because it was an international card.
    I didn’t think much of what happened and went back to the states without worries when the romance date tour event I attended ended.

Come in of the month, I saw my statement of account and I can’t believe all THREE transactions got charged on ME! THREE TIMES!!! The total bill would amount to about $350 multiply that by three.
    I already called my bank. They said they’ll look into it and investigate what happened. Is there a chance I’ll have my money back? Was it the store’s fault or my card?
    I’m getting impatient and very frustrated with all of these.

I think you can get it. This is a charge mistake from the store not from the bank bt the bank will investigate it for you. After contacting with the store, the redundant charge will be cancelled. If you can tell the store about that case, it can be helpful for the store to answer the question from the bank accelerating their work rate~

I have similar situation like you. Hope it can be helpful~

Tip: if there is an error, the machine will print out a slip stating the transaction never went through. If the machine doesn't, it's shady and someone is duplicating your card and copying your pin number. Sometimes they will have a duplicate machine (a fake one) that records your info. Or there is a faulty connection.

Always keep those slips, and all your receipts. I believe in your case, there was a connection delay, so when it was clear during the third try all 3 went through. You will get your money back. These investigations can take anywhere from 4 days to a month.