+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Looking back to the good old times we shared together

Looking back to the good old times we shared together

Next week, I’ll be celebrating my 49th birthday. My relatives are planning for a birthday party, they said it will be fun, but for me, it will be more happier if my wife is still alive.
    Five years ago, we were involved in a car accident. I survived but I was seriously injured. Unfortunately, my wife didn’t make it. She died on the spot. I was really shattered. The love of my life had left me.

I struggled after the incident, but I need to move on because I still have our kids to care. I can still remember the day I met her, it was during the foreign date live we both attended.
    My memories about her are still fresh. As I look back to the good old times we shared together, I can’t help myself but cry. I love her so much. And I can’t wait to be reunited with her again.

Hey,,my heart goes out to ya,, I lost the whole family in a plane crash, wife and daughter, in 1977, Feb.14, 6:05pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Are you in a grief group ? I'm told they help.

It's good that you remember the happier times but you're right they can make the loss feel so much more acute & profound.

Because you have kids, I think for your birthday you need to put on a happy face. Your wife would not want you to be sad for the kids.

When my mom died, I did not know how to comfort my father. I ended up taking him on a lot of trips. I figured changing the scenery would involve less sense memories from his environment. It seemed to bring him moments of . . . I'm not going to say happiness but of less grief.

Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DalM0m View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss. Are you in a grief group ? I'm told they help.

It's good that you remember the happier times but you're right they can make the loss feel so much more acute & profound.

Because you have kids, I think for your birthday you need to put on a happy face. Your wife would not want you to be sad for the kids.

When my mom died, I did not know how to comfort my father. I ended up taking him on a lot of trips. I figured changing the scenery would involve less sense memories from his environment. It seemed to bring him moments of . . . I'm not going to say happiness but of less grief.

Hang in there.
    My relatives are trying so hard to make me happy, my kids are helping also. I can see it in their eyes, they want what's good for me. And I'm very willing to cope up with what happened. Thanks!