+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 9 Movie Suggestion Thread

So, just a movie we'll think sucks badly, but not TOO badly, then? LOL!

Maybe then just suggest a movie that sucks goodly.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Playing catch up ~ updating the movies we have so far :

Exeter19 ~ The Shining, Con Air

pcmaster ~ Milana( doesn't want anymore??), The Greatest Showman

dollhouse ~ Shape Of Water(might remove???), Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri or Get Out.

Jffs24 ~ Thor : Ragnarok

CantMoveOn ~ Birdman

lovebroken ~ Colossal

topazlight ~ Sun Dogs

[MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION] ~ is a week more enough time to suggest your movie? I can check back end of next week to update again before choosing a final choice.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] ~ Are you sure?

Guess mads & coffee opted out, no reply back off either.

- - - Updated - - -

So we might have ten plus by end of suggesting. Not sure how I will choose. Maybe do a mini write-in vote for favorite 2 in this thread? & out of those which might leave us 6 options I will pick the final, that seems fairest?

Suggestions?

Only pcmaster is fighting for his movie, so Greatest Showman will make the final 6 plus cut for sure.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

You could always run those generators pick a winner thing people use to run contests on youtube.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Ragnarok is a great movie to watch - interesting. But would be worst to review since its based on comic and that's why have shallow meaning and when it goes deeper it is mostly about sci-fi.

Miami Connection.
    "A martial arts rock band goes up against a band of motorcycle ninjas who have tightened their grip on Florida's narcotics trade."

It's an awful movie from the 80s, it's free to watch on YouTube now and I love it.

Am I sure what? Am I sure I don't want to add a suggestion? Yes, I'm sure. Nothing really came to mind, but I also felt we had plenty of suggestions as it is. I didn't really think we needed to add yet another.

Anyway, I'm down for whatever method you want to use for deciding. If you want to just pick one, that is fine. If you want each of us to pick our two favorites from the list and then you'll pick the winner from the ones with the most votes from that, I'm find there too (I think I already know which two I would pick). Whatever you would prefer works for this guy (he says, pointing at himself and grinning like an idiot).

FYI,

No offense, PC, but if you find the Marvel movies to be "shallow" then I have to imagine it is just not your thing. There is so much more to those movies than just them being big blockbuster super hero movies. It's not like I am saying they are classics of film on Citizen Kane like levels of greatness... but they are much deeper than just a bunch of meaningless action. Of course, there is plenty of action as well because that is a large part of what these movies are about, but that isn't all they are or they wouldn't be as massively popular as they are.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 07-05-18 at 11:19 PM.

Sure man if you are fan you can dig deep and analyze a lot. But it takes a lot of time. Its funny that even Harry Potter is still being analyzed and new things are still discovered after all these years.

I'm not even really just talking about deep analysis. There is a lot of heart, a lot of complex emotions, a lot of deep stuff in the Marvel movies. Granted, I get they aren't for everybody. If they aren't your thing personally then you may not enjoy them. Just saying, I disagree that they are shallow. At least not most of Marvel's movies. Some of DC's movies are pretty empty and shallow. LOL! They try so hard... but they just ain't Marvel.

So what are we supposed to do now? Pick two favorites out of all the listed? Can we pick our own as one of them? or are you just picking the one you like the most?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

i am going away for a week so in case you need me or us to re-pick choices - i will give you two now and hope that helps you out, breathe. i will pick a new movie group member's movie as my 1st one: lovebroken's - colossal and jjfs24's : thor:ragnarok movies since he hasn't a movie he picked chosen in vote yet.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Aw, thank you [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    So what are we supposed to do now? Pick two favorites out of all the listed? Can we pick our own as one of them? or are you just picking the one you like the most?
    First ~ I will take the posters with multiple movies chosen & I will pick one out of their choices to put to next part & all the other posters their 1 choice goes through.

So:

Exeter19 ~ The Shining
    pcmaster~ The Greatest Showman
    dollhouse ~ The Shape of Water ( since some said they'd want to see .review that 1)
    Jffs24 ~ Thor : Ragnarok
    CantMoveOn ~ Birdman
    lovebroken ~ Colossal
    topazlight ~ Sun Dogs
    GLYC ~Miami Connection

OK~ so now we have....... 8................ movies to pick from not ............13............ Narrowing it down slowly.

Now if each poster mentioned above could choose 2 movies, can be their own & another if they want & the top movies probably 4 or 5 will emerge I will choose the final movie out of those choices. Good with each of you?

Exeter19 already did this for me:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    my 1st one: lovebroken's - colossal and jjfs24's : thor:ragnarok movies since he hasn't a movie he picked chosen in vote yet.
    I won't pick any movies!

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]

Pick 2 or one you want to go through to final vote out of the list above.

Thankies!
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]

I will pick dollhouse's - The Shape of Water and CantMoveOn's - Birdman then.

Um, my name isn't listed in the @ but was before? Am I not allowed to pick? or an error because I am listed in the comments above?

I'll just pick anyways and if not allowed exclude it I guess.

Thanks [MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION] for picking my movie.

I guess I'll pick Sun Dogs because I read about it after seeing it listed and It is the kind of movie I would like to watch and the other choice I guess will be The Greatest Showman.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast