+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 9 Movie Suggestion Thread

Season 9 Movie Suggestion Thread

This is for suggesting your movies ~ can suggest more than one if you want, any genre, any decade & at the end I will pick just one of those suggestions for all of us to review. No poll because polls never work for us & also I will NOT be suggesting a movie myself to keep it fair :] Push your movie choice to me, if you want, I can be swayed hehehe.

- - - Updated - - -

Some suggestions so far & by whom is as follows:

Exeter19 ~ The Shining

pcmaster ~ Milana

dollhouse ~ Shape Of Water, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri or Get Out.

Jffs24 ~ Thor : Ragnarok

Keep suggesting!! :]

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] [MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION] [MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION] ( you can suggest a movie ~ go ahead ) [MENTION=47158]madotnw_nihs[/MENTION] & dollhouse also mentioned ~ [MENTION=85495]CantMoveOn[/MENTION] & [MENTION=86326]My Coffee Cup[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] ~ Just realized you posted to go forward but haven't suggested a movie or movies yet so doing a " @ " for you too :]
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I actually changed my mind about the movie. Want to suggest another one - one that would be less weird and more mainstream Hollywood taste, could be more to discuss too about it - Greatest Showman (2017)
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Hi all. Thank you for suggesting my name [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION] and [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] for including me.

So all you need me to do is suggest a movie?

I'll pick one that I found the ending to be ambiguous and would like to pick the brains of others on it and that movie would be - Birdman. 2014 Drama starring Micheal Keaton.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

I'm still pondering a suggestion, so I may or may not come back with one of my own. But, I am liking a lot of the list we have so far. Some of the recent additions are either ones I've seen and wouldn't mind watching again or ones I kinda of wanted to see anyway.

Though, I have a theme suggestion for the review. We all separately pick our own movie from the list to review, and compile our review without revealing which movie it was. We'll all be REALLY confused about each others' reviews and we'll all be talking about completely different movies. It will be total chaos.

....I'm kidding, of course. Hopefully that goes without saying.

I'd watch The Greatest Showman and Birdman.

Anyone dislike any of my choices? So I can narrow to two?

I don't like Birdman. So lets watch Greatest Showman all.

i think i will add another movie. probably guaranteeing neither to be picked because of my choices lmao neither are current movies.

i'll pick con air to go with the shining movie. i had to really dig back to get a decent nick cage movie but i enjoyed that movie and would watch it again to review.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]
    Okay, and thanks

It's a weird one but a not much-reviewed movie gem IMO. Colossal. 2016 drama/fantasy movie.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

[MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION]... Never saw that one, I'd watch it, looks interesting. [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] ... haha Con Air that is a classic I'd watch that too.

I will remove ..The Shape of Water because I doubt the guys care to watch that movie.

Thanks, breathe123 for volunteering to run this season for us. If anyone was trying to PM sorry, I just noticed my inbox was past capacity I freed some space now. I wish we could have 200 spots for PMs, not 100.

I think I will pick a movie that is a smaller one then the big Oscar nom'd movies and more like one we first reviewed, it even has Allison Janney in it too,

The movie I pick is : Sun Dogs. 2017 drama/comedy I really enjoy these personal smaller movies.

I think we have enough choices, so I am going to pass on adding a choice of my own this time. Nothing comes to mind.

I can't speak for any of the other guys, but I was actually pondering seeing The Shape of Water anyway. So, I wouldn't mind if that was on our list/got picked. But, if you want to remove it from consideration, that is up to you. We do have plenty of interesting choices this time.

I seen Shape of Water twice. So its a good movie and not too girly. Still I would like The Greatest Showman better to be reviewed. Much more about all kindz of relationships and life and such.

I'd watch The Shape of Water too. I've seen it at the cinema.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

The Greatest Showman actually happens to be one I want to see anyway as well. So I'd be just fine with either of those two being our choice. Which isn't to say I'd mind any of the others either. Many of them seemed interesting as well. Those two just happen to be ones I was eventually planning to watch anyway.

Awh, this is where everybody's hanging out these days!
    I'm always so happy you guys still manage to stay in contact on here!
    Despite how crappy this place gets at times, lol.

Hmm, I'll have to think..
    I love so many different movies, but I'll try to think of something maybe a little different, that I don't think other people will think sucks TOO BADLY, and is easy to access/watch a copy of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast