+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should i show interest and start talking to the girl i like again?

How should i show interest and start talking to the girl i like again?

This is about a girl i would see around school last year. I wanted to talk to her, but i had no balls and didn't actually know how to talk to a girl i was crushing on back then.

So all that i would do is look at her in the hallways and stuff. she caught on cause she started reversing it, being the one who would stare at me and all that. I asked her out one day. It came out of nowhere, and I was awkward about it. We had never even talked before. She told me she has a boyfriend (i found out later this was a lie) and thats how we left off.

The weird thing was, after I asked her, I would see her staring at me all the time. I guess i think maybe she panicked or was shy and just fell back to the boyfriend excuse. Tbh, i was weird about it and came on way too strong. Fast forward to this year I moved on and liked someone else for a while, but it isn't going to work out with her. I think enough time has passed to give it another shot with this girl.

We had talked once or twice ina group setting theoughout the year, and now i talk to her after school every few days cause we do track togeher. Were pretty much roght at the point where were starting to become friends.

Every now and then I still see her sneaking a look at me or something. Im a good looking, popular senior guy. she's a beautiful, popular sophmore girl. Were pretty alike. We both really enjoy art and drawing and we both run track & have the same fun personality . I was going to just approach her one day, make some joke about how she probably thought i was crazy, tell her I want to "start over" and get to know her. Hopefully get her number or Snapchat

Another option would he just to start talking to her and build a friendship. I was also recently friendzoned by a friend of hers (even tho she liked me first) so i was thinking of asking her about this girl i want to talk to So is it worth a shot to approach her again and how should i go about it? My only problems is not knowing how to approach her. Ik that if we start talking i have a good chance.

I have really improved myself as a guy since last year (more popular, more fun, dress nicer, actually able to talk to girls now) and i want to give this another shot. I see her every day after school cause we do track together and our paths will sometimes cross.

I made a joke to one of her friends the other day and i caught her smiling, i still see her lookig my way a good amount. The only time weve talked so far recently was earlier, when the ball we were kicking around missed me and landed next to her. She looked at me and went to pass it back but conpletely missed so i made a joke about it and she smiled at me (i think she might have been blushing as well)

The next day i came over to her and her friends and joked about it. They were all smiling and laughing about it. We were talking about how I was going on vacation next week so i was going to miss a couple days, and she looked me in the eyes and asked how long i was staying.

Now i realize these are small signs to start with and either way i need to build up a friendship this time first but im unsure about a few things. Should i mention last year at all (even just as a joke)? Should i let her know i still have feelings for her? How do i show her that im interested without telling her straight up and possibly losing any interest she had?

Is it better to beat around the bush and start talking to her again, and become friends with her, then let her know. Or should i just talk about how i didnt know how to talk to a girl i like last year, and I watn to start over, start getting to know each other, and see where things go.

My friend gave me her Snapchat, so should i just add her by username and strike up a conversation to see how interested she may be?

Also is it normal for a girl to just panic and go back to the boyfriend excuse, especially cause she was only like 15 last year and she didnt know me at all, even if she thought i was attractive.

So whats the right move to make with her. I really like her and i need to make a move somehow, so whats the best way to talk to her about this. It seems to me like she clearly enjoys talking to me and she might just want me to talk to her more so i think i have a chance here.

TLDR She rejected me a year and a half ago I was pretty weird back then Ive really improved as a guy since How do i go for it?

Hey there!

I'm in a situation that's a bit similar to what yours was, but I'll tell ya, you've got it WAY better than me.

I'm in 8th grade and I tried to talk to a girl that I liked at lunch. It went badly, and so did the next few times I tried. All of my attempts just made everything worse, and the last time I talked to her, she gave me a disgusted look.

I tried to be funny and casual but doing that just made it awkward. So the best thing to do is to avoid being funny. I now know that I should've just been nice and told her how I felt rather than making the approach I did. And another thing to do is to not go instantly tell her your feelings. That clearly freaked her out the last time. Instead, maybe tell her she looks nice and try to make her comfortable around you and then tell her.

And you should be very glad that you still have a chance to get her to like you. I lost that chance and now it's gone. Good luck, and don't do the same things I did.