+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some help..

I need some help..

I'd like to talk about that I really don't understand myself from times to times. I started having feelings towards a certain girl from my class one year ago... It was the most common sensation - the "butterflies". I kept on thinking about her over and over again.. But then, when school was about to end and as we were heading closer towards the summer holiday I felt I don't have feelings towards her anymore... And so my constant thoughts about her stopped coming into my head. In the end, I concluded it was just appearance attraction. The next year I met her again with the starting of the new class. I asked myself "How about now? Do you feel something?" and the answer I gave myself was simple - "No.". Things became the same as before - going to school then back to home, boring stuff... The days were going and nothing unusual was happening, but then I realised that I once again started having feelings towards her... This time was different, not only her appearance distracted me but also her smile, eyes it was way more different than the first time... And the thoughts about her were just not stopping and I was distracted 99% of the time. I also started feeling that she also has feelings for me but I wasn't fully sure. So one day I got the courage to ask her out but she refused and then she said she is sorry about it - "maybe some other time".. The following week I asked her out once again - this time she was out of town, so obviously the answer was "no" again, but that is not the problem, it doesn't mean anything. I've started feeling strange about asking her out now, 'cause I feel like I'm losing those feelings again and I have totally no idea why. However, the thoughts of her continue on coming in my head.. At this point, if I go emotionally "numb " again after some time I feel like I'll be once again attracted to her. So my question is what should I do? What is wrong with me? In the end, can't I just decide what I want and what I don't? I don't think I'm having any emotional issues but still I can't explain it to myself.

You don't have any emotional connection because you don't interact with her. That's how things develop...they develop over time. So where you are at is simple attraction and nothing more. What to do now? move on, she has no interest in you. If you were smart you would ask other girls out, date and find out if there is any progression in your feelings with any of them. It's easier to simply go out on dates, rather than obsess over someone for months.