+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ready to move but is it for the right reasons?

Ready to move but is it for the right reasons?

The last two month has been hell... cries with pleads and begging to my ex for a reason why he dumped me; left me in the dark. Worst part is feeling that his reasons are all but an excuse... It is what it is. I guess everything happens for a reason...

It took me a month and half to let admit and left go but there's a sales rep at work whose been showing interest in me. It never occurred until my controller today pointed out to me. Hes much older but smart, good looking, fit shape, weird in some sort but he always stops by multiple times every day to create small talk. I'm 33. Never asked his age but I think hes in his late 30s.... Hes inside sales, bartends at two hot clubs downtown Minneapolis, and honestly i wouldnt mind dating him but Rule is "Never fish off company pier. "

Arg! Since the break up with my ex, i havent opened myself until now to open myself up to look at men and show show interest in a man; afterall,
    I am single. Nothing to hold me back I guess. Is it okay to show interest? I deserve to be happy again. Argh, what am I getting myself into? Is he a rebound?
    Easy comes. Easy goes!

Are you thinking about going on a date with this guy at work because you like him or because you like that he's showing interest in you. I don't think you are ready to date again which would make him a rebound. But he could help soothe your broken heart. Just be professional.

Thank you for the honest feedback. Now that I think about it, fishing off the company pier is a given "no!" I should know better... And need to cross him off my list. Maybe flirt here and there but it cannot be anyhing more.

It's very interesting what I learned about myself and relationships this last few weeks. A good yet weak trait, I am too dedicated and loyal to my partner. When my ex and I broke up, I was stuck in a dilemma and could not see pass myself with anyone else but him after.

Took me a long time to realize love and happiness is a choice. Screw the rebound. I want to be happy again and ready to opened myself to feel the butterflies and love again. Im Going on a date tonight with a old pal. Itll be nice to catch up and hopefully pick up where we left off.

In response to DalMom, maybe both the attention and rebound. I havent opened myself to dating in a while and it was good to still feel attractive.

I think you should give it a go. That rule about doesn't shit where you eat is made to keep a good work atmosphere at work. Nobody else cares about your happiness so you have to care about it yourself.

What if it doesn't work out? Guess he won't be stopping at your table for small talk anymore. Think there's just too much to win not to risk it.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Mmm, I may be naive but not dumb or crazy. My ex dumped me but it doesn't mean I lose my morals and values. Thanks, but No thanks. Ill stick to dating outside the company pool. Flirting is no harm when I can keep my hands to myself.

I think if you can find the right balance of flirting at work to help you feel pretty while you regain your equilibrium & self confidence that would be fine. I agree about not fishing off the company peer.