+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to start and maintain a conversation on a date without feeling intimidated?

How to start and maintain a conversation on a date without feeling intimidated?

Went on a date last night and had a tough time holding conversations towards the end. He's smart with a good sense of humor, down to earth, very open minded, and successful.

Date started well except the more I learned about him, the more intimidating by him I became. I struggled to find common topics with him and his answers were hard to build off. I didn't want to sound like an idiot....

I think the night went well. He says hes interested and would like to see me again. I wanted to text him today but unsure what to say.

How do I start a conversation with him and maintain it without feeling so intimidated?
    Easy comes. Easy goes!

Well, he should ask you questions on the first date and you should give long answers to them. Also maybe he's out of your league if you felt intimated.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Send him something funny via text its a good icebreaker. Also guys like to talk about music and movies.

He did, my mind just totally went blank. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt awful. I just want to prepare myself for next time. Maybe after a few more dates I can ease up and be myself. Also, how does one determine if someone is out of their league and simply not insecurities?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Cocacola, I'll try that.

It's a beautiful day today. I sent him a text after work to wish him a good softball game. He responded within 3 mins so that's a plus... I am confident I'm worthy of him, just not use to having a mature relationship in a long time.

Your interests should be similar but not identical. Don`t always try to find a common topic, instead expand on the ones you got going.

Very true, Archie. Afterall, it the getting to know one another and sharing ideas and differences that creates a lasting relationship. I feel a lot more confident and will run with his guy.

Dont worry to be an idiot, because sometimes boy like their girl being an idiot bt not totally. I advice you just do yourself. It is hard for you to catch his level if you are actually not and it will become so awkward in your conversation. He likes you definitely having reasons maybe just for your real, purl personality. To be positive just say what you want in your deep heart.

Maybe you are just nervous? You can just let him do the talking and you ask the questions.