+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best way to tell a guy friend that I'm crazy about him?

Best way to tell a guy friend that I'm crazy about him?

So there's a man who I've been getting to know for a few months. We hang out about once a week over coffee and our conversations typically go on for over two hours. We also talk on the phone. I feel like we're really connecting. The thing is that the more I get to know him the more I am totally captivated by him. I am very interested in taking things further than friendship but I really don't want to spoil the friendship if he's not interested in more.

What should I do?

(1) Tell him that I really like hanging out with him but I am also very attracted to him and see what he says.
    (2) Point blank ask him if he would consider going on a date with me. Then if he says no is it okay for me to let him know that I still want to hang out as friends?
    (3) Any other suggestions?

I`ll just say this, if you like the guy - tell him.

Do not tell him you like him. That will scare him off, wait for him.

If you actually really like him, I think you should tell him in a straight forward way like having a date with him, when he takes you back home, you can tell him your thoughts. That is the quickest way to know his thinking of you. Not to be afraid of losing the friendship with him, otherwise will be the obstacle to have a further step in your relationship.

Gotta dress real pretty when you see him, be flirtatious, smile lots, make good eye contact, make hints about having dinner some time, etc. Ya gotta sell it hun.

But before you get all cray cray, do a little checking. He might keep it to once a week, not taking it any further because he has a GF or is married. How much do you really know about this guy?

I do know that he is single. I do think that getting together at one of our places and telling him is the best bet. And if he's not interested I can live with it and still hang out, but I don't want him to feel weird about me if that is the case.

Because we already go out for coffee together, asking him for a meal probably wouldn't be seen as a date unless I specifically said that was what I was looking for.

He is really just so wonderful that I don't want to mess anything up. But I also want to know if there is potential for a romantic relationship.

i like your [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/URL] idea best. make sure you are dressed really sexy when you confess to him and have good eye contact.