+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I stop trying?

Should I stop trying?

Hey everyone.
    It's kind of a long story, some things might not seem believable but come on, I'm from India.
    I met this girl, she's a junior in my college. The date was 4th January 2017.
    I was standing with some 5-6 people, and I saw her with a friend of mine, they came out to eat something. I was attracted to her. The friend came to greet me, and she found me blushing (dont judge ok? There are many moments to come :p)
    She introduced us and we started talking.
    Guess what was on 7th January? My birthday!
    So I invited her, and she came. So, we all were chilling, I was drunk and all. I realized I am screwed. The moment I reached home, I started thinking about her. Haven't stopped yet.
    So, we talked and talked for a month.
    14th Feb 2017, I get to know that she said yes to some guy who proposed her. So what would I do? I acted like i was okay. But she was getting everything. Then i confessed and she said she knew all the way. Then something happened and we stopped talking. For 6 months. I missed her everyday but didn't text her because she was happy with the guy and I didn't want to bother her anymore.
    One day, 21st October 2017,i got a text from her. It was diwali (the festival). I got to know she's pretty messed up, she had broken up with the guy because he was cheating on her.
    So I got attached again. This time, a lot more than before, because come on I love her.
    We haven't met in a very long time till now.
    So I get a call from her in November. She was crying a lot. I asked her, she told me that she had been given a year back in college (she had to repeat a whole year because she couldn't meet the attendance criteria)
    So I consoled her and told her, that I'll help you fix it
    Okay so we talked to the authorities. No one listened. So we had to opt for a backdoor, and it involved a lot of money. Her parents don't know about it till date.
    She doesn't earn, so I helped her. And it was a lot of money. (like you could buy a you could buy a prius with that kind of money.and I'm also a student, freelancing as a design consultant)
    So I did everything I could. It's been 7 months trying, and today, it's all clear. She has resumed her classes.
    Now, I am way more attached to her. And I talk about my feelings more often
    But, everytime, I get some reason. Like:
    "can't two people be friends and be happy that they have each other?"
    "I don't feel for you. I have tried, give it time"
    And more
    I know I sound like a loser begging for her attention, but am I wrong if I tell her how i feel?
    I know she cares about me.
    When I around her, she avoids me. In a bad way. It's like I'm with her, but she's not with me.
    I am getting restless. I don't know what to do.
    Should I stop? Should I just walk away from her life? I love her

She avoids you because she can't reciprocate those feeling that you have for her. You got friend zoned. And no you didn't mes up, she just was never interested in you that way from the very beginning. She liked hanging out with you because you are a nice person. Give up and move on.

Yep- she only wants friends. Agree w smackie

fantasy is bad. she has zero interest in you beyond perhaps a casual friendship. give up any thoughts of romance with this chick as it is never ever gona happen. any more pressure she will openly hate you.