+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why would a guy act interested and then ghost me out of no where?

Why would a guy act interested and then ghost me out of no where?

Everything was going great and then all of the sudden for no reason he started ignoring me and stopped talking to me. Why would he act like he was into me one day and then the next day ignore me and act like he doesn’t like me anymore. Why would his feelings change very quickly? I didn’t do anything wrong.

It happens to both sexes. It can be for a large number of reasons, if he doesn't communicate, we can never know. Sometimes, it might not even involve you. It could be stressful dpdituations, they've also been dating someone else, they just really were never that into things, etc.

I'm sorry, that's a tough position to be in. Unfortunately it's pretty common of a way to just end things in todays dating culture.

If he comes and goes, he is dating you and someone else at the same time. If he just disappeared, he found someone else or the ex came callin or he has a GF or is married. If you were just out on a few dates, he wasn't feeling it and just didn't want the drama. Take your pick. Just remember this....write him off.

Because they weren't really interested. Just pretending to. They found someone else. I know I have been guilty of acting interested and friendly but then something/someone else pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xobeautyxo View Post
    Everything was going great and then all of the sudden for no reason he started ignoring me and stopped talking to me. Why would he act like he was into me one day and then the next day ignore me and act like he doesn’t like me anymore. Why would his feelings change very quickly? I didn’t do anything wrong.
    Derrick Jaxn talked about this on his live IG feed the other day.

Simple reason? When he met you, he was on the outs with his girlfriend and decided to go hit up someone new--that person happened to be you. He didn't expect that things would be really great with you. When his girlfriend decided to stop being angry with him, he went back to her and decided to drop you off at the mall and keep going.

None of this has anything to do with you or how you behaved. This is all on him.
    People treat you the way they feel about you

If you choose to remain with someone who doesn't treat you well, you cease being the victim and become the volunteer.

~Derrick Jaxn -- look him up

Lots of reasons ~ 1. Selfish, doesn't think about you, maybe doesn't even realize you'd notice.
    2. Dating multiple people.
    3. Trying to play some game to show him how much you want him, by making you crazy by ignoring you.
    4. Out of town, too busy & waiting for you to make new plans?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

not you

Its not you its him- he prob found someone else. Sorry men can be dicks

I guess first off I would start with a few qualifying questions. How long were you two going out? How far had you gotten in the relationship? ("Just dating," exclusive, boyfriend/friend, etc.) For how long thus far has he disappeared. You can fill us in on those details if you'd like. For now, though, I'll at least respond assuming you two had been dating/talking long enough to at least figure it was going somewhere.

Believe me, I so know how you feel. I wish I could say there are answers, but unfortunately you may never have them unless he decides to provide them. I know from experience how much that can suck, and how hard it can be to get past that. When you thought you were really hitting it off with somebody and then they just suddenly seem to stop being interested, or even just completely disappear on you that can be really hard to get over. It can be hard not to cling to what you thought you could have had.

Bottom line, though, if he could just ghost on you like that then he didn't deserve you anyway. I mean, sure, maybe you two were in the "just dating" phase, so it isn't like you should have any expectations yet. There could be plenty of reasons why he did this and they could even be innocent in his mind. Meaning maybe he didn't mean to hurt you, maybe he just didn't think you two were all the serious yet, so what did it matter if he just went away? Bottom line, though, is whether it was his intention or not, it was wrong of him. He could have at least said something to you if he decided he just wasn't that into you. Heck, even if he wanted to give you some kind of "it's not you it's me" sort of BS, at least you'd know he chose to move on rather than being left to wonder.

For now, I think probably best for you if you just assume it is over and forget him. MAYBE he'll come back and want to give you a chance again. If/when he does, MAYBE you'll still be interested in giving him that chance. But, worry about that if it happens. For now, just take some time to remember that you are pretty awesome. That if he didn't see that somebody else WILL. I know that isn't easy now. I know right now it just seems like meaningless words. But, you will be okay in time. Good luck to you.