+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I move on?

Should I move on?

I need help!

I went on a first date/hang out with my crush that I've known for years but we were never really close. We went to eat and then see a movie and seemed to have have a great time. After the date he said he had a good time and "maybe we should do that again". He told me to let him know when I get home, which I did. He then told me again that he had a good time and "we will hang out again soon". It's been a week and I haven't heard from him. Should I give it some time or just move on? Does it mean he's not interested if he hasn't asked to hang out again after a week?

Give him a call and see what he's up to--if he wants to grab a quick bite and visit.

He may be thinking the exact same about you--that you're not that interested since you haven't contacted him and asked him out (and pay for it)
    People treat you the way they feel about you

If you choose to remain with someone who doesn't treat you well, you cease being the victim and become the volunteer.

~Derrick Jaxn -- look him up

Maybe he is unsure about your interest and left it to you to make the move.

If you have known him for a while, the fact that he expressed interest but then has ghosted you for a week indicates that he lied to you. He's not interested. Let him go.

Txt

Just shoot a text. You only live once- the worst he can do is say no. Better to find out than to always wonder

It's been a week. I don't know if maybe it is just me, but I don't think that is long enough to assume ANYTHING happened. I don't think that is long enough to assume he's ghosted you. So, I think I would agree with cocacola. I mean, especially considering he expressed interest in seeing you again.... heck, twice for that matter. I mean, sure he could have just been saying that to be nice, but he PROBABLY wouldn't have said that if he didn't mean it at the time, and I especially doubt he'd have said it AGAIN.

Sure, maybe he changed his mind (people can do that), but maybe he just hasn't gotten around to asking you again. Or, there is even the possibility that he's worried YOU aren't interested. Maybe, maybe not. But, as cocacola and others have suggested, why not just give him a call/text/whatever yourself and ask him out this time?

Maybe he'll say no and that will tell you all you need to know. Sure, that would suck... but at least then you will know. Take it from a guy who knows from experience. Knowing is much better than the torture of leaving yourself to wonder. ...On the other hand, maybe we will say yes. Then wouldn't future you be kicking past you in the butt for even thinking about just giving up?

Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcas View Post
    It's been a week and I haven't heard from him. Should I give it some time or just move on? Does it mean he's not interested if he hasn't asked to hang out again after a week?
    A week doesn't amount to squat. You went out once,...you aren't his girlfriend, he isn't your boyfriend,...and you probably aren't the only one (and shouldn't expect to be). As other suggested, you can reach out and see what his reaction is. For someone that I am not in a relationship with,...only casually dating,...it may be a few weeks in between contact.

Move on

I think you need to ask him, if he is free on weekends we can meet up and if he ignores the text or something , try to ask him like every 2-3 week if he gives reasons every time. Then you need to move on.

I don’t get it

If you want to move on you move on
    If you want to get a move on then you’d better get a move on, no?