+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First "Proper" Date

First "Proper" Date

Hey there everyone,

I'm 16 years old and I currently really like a certain girl. We even made out and she came over at my home twice already. As we were first friends but now we are more than that. However, I invited her on a proper date for the first time and I wish to ask her to become my girlfriend at that time.

In the back of my head I know she might not need much to say 'yes' but I absolutely want to give her the most amazing time of her life and I want her to be happy.

Can you guys give me some inspiration for good date tips?

or maybe some of your own first dates?

Looking forward to reading the replies

My best dates were the one on one time. Like sitting together at the beach at sunset talking (in my day it was with beer and pot lol).

What is important is how you are around her.....good conversation, some good laughs, looking good, smelling good you know, being personable.

I had those fancy dinners....never got much out of those nor did I feel "romantic". Just keep it simple, and hang out, be yourself. never ever try to over do it, with buying gifts and crap.

Girls like flowers. So you can give her flower or flowers at the begining of the date. Also give her compliment like - you look stunning. Or - what have you done with your everyhing? You are glowing.

If you end date at night and there are stars you can say - I counted stars and with every star reason why I like you. I did well until ran out of stars.

Anyway man real date is all about talking, especialy first date. Ask her a lot of questions to get to know her. Google questions to ask the girl you like and choose some normal ones for your country.

Theres a book too about dating - 50 date ideas. Its pretty useful to learn get the most of dates and be time and resource effective.

If you want to be really time effective then change locations during date. Like meet at one place spend date on other place, maybe afterwards go to another place to do something else and then at the end go to your or her place. With changing locations she will trust you more and feel more comfortable with you. It will seem like she have spend a lot of time with you while in reality it is just time lapsing - being in diferent locations in short period of time - like one day and she will have feeling like shes much longer with you.

I understand that you want everything to be special, but dont try too hard and do not aim for perfection for Gods sake cause that can paralyze and even destroy.

Have her in your mind during date and she will love all the attention. Especially if you ask interesting questions and act like a gentleman. Girls like questions and gentlemans.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 08-05-18 at 07:13 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

The answer varies depending on who you ask.

But in my opinion, I really like a guy who shows he has put effort.

It can be anything. If I notice he put extra effort in how he dress, or that he put thought into planning the date, or anything to accommodate her. MAKE SURE TO POINT IT OUT if its not obvious you've put in effort. It's flattering and it makes her feel special.

I remember fondly, one guy who I went on a date dressed to the nines and beard all trimmed nicely when usually he doesn't bother with how he looks. He also gave me a small gift and wrapped it up really nicely with a red bow and lace. It was super flattering.

There was also another time, when a guy told me he had his balls shaved. Not so flattering.
    Last edited by omgtotallyxo; 08-05-18 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by omgtotallyxo View Post
    The answer varies depending on who you ask.

But in my opinion, I really like a guy who shows he has put effort.

It can be anything. If I notice he put extra effort in how he dress, or that he put thought into planning the date, or anything to accommodate her. MAKE SURE TO POINT IT OUT if its not obvious you've put in effort. It's flattering and it makes her feel special.

I remember fondly, one guy who I went on a date dressed to the nines and beard all trimmed nicely when usually he doesn't bother with how he looks. He also gave me a small gift and wrapped it up really nicely with a red bow and lace. It was super flattering.

There was also another time, when a guy told me he had his balls shaved. Not so flattering.
    That last bit. You just can't just make some of this stuff up.

I've heard some pretty terrible stories as well from other women I've been out with.

I say, be your best self. Dress how you are, in a way that shows off yourself and presents yourself at your best.

I'm not really a dressy dressy kind of guy, but, I wear a pair of decent jeans, a nice t-shirt, pomade or whatever in your hair, clean teeth, cologne, shower, etc. Hygiene is a big part.

You'll do fine.
    As for the date.

You're young so the places that we go to differ, I'd suggest going somewhere for coffee, tea, etc.
    Go somewhere decent, with a more quiet environment. Weekdays work great for that.

After that, the following week, call her back up and step it up a little. Find a decent restaurant, maybe a park.

You really don't have to spend a lot of money to find a decent place.

You'll do fine. Just be decisive about it, have a definite place, ask her when she's free and set up a definite date/time. And, I'd suggest to actually call her when you're setting it up.

Even if most people your age aren't calling women, trust me, you'll stand out and it shows.
    It'll only help you to get good at those skills now.

Just focus on having fun. Always be fun and positive. Take an interest in her and poke at her to see what she's all about.

I get the idea, be cool, be yourself. I'm going to put in effort as well,

Still, my heart raises everytime I think about asking her to be my girlfriend, but isn't that something you just ask along the way / at the end of the date. I mean usually you would go on more dates, but I have this feeling she's waiting for me to ask it but still in doubt because we were good friends before, nothing more than that and her friends might think a little different about it (at first). Maybe she's struggeling with that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Relle View Post
    I get the idea, be cool, be yourself. I'm going to put in effort as well,

Still, my heart raises everytime I think about asking her to be my girlfriend, but isn't that something you just ask along the way / at the end of the date. I mean usually you would go on more dates, but I have this feeling she's waiting for me to ask it but still in doubt because we were good friends before, nothing more than that and her friends might think a little different about it (at first). Maybe she's struggeling with that idea.
    Nah, just wait for her to bring it up. Just keep focused on having fun.

Women don't like to feel pressured.

And one more little thing. be on time for the date, at least 5 minutes earlier. Girls don't like to wait, it ruins their mood. She will see that you are serious about her if you come earlier. Also, give her your phone number and say she can call you if she comes earlier than you. Being on time can be more effective than giving girl a rose.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will