+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Going too slow

Going too slow

So I just went on a second date with this girl. Based on the two dates, I personally felt she was into me. However, she likes taking things slow, and for the past few months, we've only been on.... 2 dates. That's right, 2 dates in a span of like 3 and a half months... I know, it's ridiculous, and I have since voiced my displeasure to her lol. At the time, she brought up all sorts of excuses, like her being busy with applications, homework, etc.

Here's the thing, I'm going on vacation in June for a few months, and when I come back, she'll be going on a foreign student exchange program in August for about half a year. So we really don't have much time left to go on more dates, etc.

So when I asked her for a 3rd date, she initially offered to meet up mid-June, which is about a month away. Obviously, I'd like to meet up sooner. We discussed many options, and at one point, she said that we might not meet again before we head our separate ways. After another round of discussions, she then offered the end of this month, before laughing at my reaction and finally agreeing to meet up again next week, which is the quickest we've gone between dates thus far lol. And then all of a sudden, she asked if I'm willing to read some books with her in a cafe/library/park, since she said she's incredibly busy with exams this month. I agreed and she was beyond happy and said that we'd have more time together.

So I'm not sure really what's going on. Is she teasing me? I understand juggling work and school can be difficult, but honestly, the rate at which we were going was unusually slow lol. Perhaps I'm pushing too fast? And why is it that she suddenly has all this time after I voiced my displeasure?

I'd say she's not that into you.

Even when dates seem great and go great, it's not a tell all for how a person truly feels.
    Look at actions, not words.

Her actions are signs of a woman that isn't that into you.
    Women that are really into you, will jump at the opportunity to spend time with you.

I'd just be indifferent to what she's saying. And I'd honestly probably start dating someone else.

Like, seriously, another date months later? I'm not waiting around for that, if I'm single at that time, sure I'll go out, but if I'm not, I'm not.

And, it's because you stood up for yourself. Women like men with spines. Agreeing and putting aside your life and dating life for the possibility of a date months in the future, is kind of wimpy. A man that's a catch isn't going to put aside his love life for a date a month in the future. Lol

It's important though not to force things. I say, go with the flow
    Last edited by GLYC; 10-05-18 at 12:02 PM.

I don't think she's teasing. Perhaps she is scared. Her priority also isn't dating. Stop wasting your time. Move on to a girl who wants to spend time with you. You & this girl have different priorities.

I really don't know why you commit to someone you only had two days with. please release the girl, it's obvious she not into you and your expectations are not being fulfilled. Your displeasure? It's simple dating math. If you are not getting what you want, you move on. Seriously after the first two excuses when you asked for a second date, you should have cut her loose.

I’d say to assume anything would be a total waste of time
    Maybe she is into you but is really busy
    Maybe she likes her career better
    Maybe maybe

But the good thing is: it doesn’t matter

If you want to seduce her
    Then that’s what you going to do
    And your going to do it hard and fast

And if you don’t want that then I don’t see what the fuss is all about anyways

I honestly feel like she is just taking it slow.

Less than once a month meeting is not taking it slow. Its taking it nowhere. I dont see here future without progressinh fast like having sex on next date or so. Anyway maybe even that wont be enough. This is high risk situation since its possible to waste a lot of time for nothing.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by DalM0m View Post
    I don't think she's teasing. Perhaps she is scared. Her priority also isn't dating. Stop wasting your time. Move on to a girl who wants to spend time with you. You & this girl have different priorities.
    I agree with you

So we finally met up again, and I decided to just go for it and let her know my intentions of dating her.

And as expected, I got rejected. I knew going in that there wasn't that big of a chance considering how infrequently we would meet up, but I wanted to know where I stood before wasting any more time. She gave the whole "let's be friends speech" blah blah blah.

She's a virgin, and we've talked about sex quite a few times. After she rejected me, she said she's down to give me a blowjob, but not have sex. What the heck? Is she pitying me??

LOL man. Stupid americans. Blowjob... WTF.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I would treat that as the basic shittest and would completely ignore that

She is scared of and has limiting beliefs on sex