+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am going crazy, I swear

I am going crazy, I swear

So I know this is not the most unusual situation.. But for me it is. I have never been THAT person, who just couldnt stop thinking about a certain person. And the butterflies. And the longing. And the .. You get the picture. But then I met this guy, not so long ago.. We've only seen eachother 3 times, and the third time was when it happened. I had just left his place..

And then it started. The butterflies, the longing, the all-consuming thoughts of him .. I feel like a bad rom movie. But I just feel so sick to my stomach because this is so intense.. We are still talking but its so awkward because I cant act normal around him because I want to .. Be all romantic with him, and you know.. Its been like this for a week. And the intensity is still insane. I know its not a long time, but my emotions are so fleeting and it usually passes quite quickly but not now. I feel like im going insane.

I feel like ive messed it up with me and him because I act so weird towards him.. But I figured it doesnt help to suppress my emotions.. So how do I deal with this? Its not going away, so what am i supposed to do with this insanity!??! Please help...

It's okay to wear your heart on your sleeve. Just be conscious of how the other person reacts.

You're lusting hard. Just take time to think things over and think objectively.

And honestly, if it's mutual, people can express more. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.
    It can work out.

Obviously if you're talking about marriage, kids, saying he's the soul purpose of your life, etc.
    And he's like, "we went out once". It's a problem. Lol

But, there's nothing wrong with being like "I had such a great time with you, I can't wait to see you again, I'm smiling just thinking about the thought of us seeing each other again, etc."
    Totally okay in my book.

Take a couple steps back. Whatever you do, do not let it show you are gaga- it will scare him off faster than a new york minute.

Both are correct
    Unassigned you are still young?

You could also voice your insecurities if that makes you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    Both are correct

Thank you for saying that.. I actually did just that. I told him how I felt, not pages about it .. But just letting him know - and i feel so much better and more true to myself. It made our conversation much more authentic. And I am 20 years old, so I suppose I am young :p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Take a couple steps back. Whatever you do, do not let it show you are gaga- it will scare him off faster than a new york minute.

Hahahaah "gaga" love it

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    Both are correct

I agree with you

Yeah, I completely agree with the others. And that actually comes from a guy who HAS (or I guess had) always been a hopeless romantic type. So, I did always have my share of crushes and feeling "gaga" as cocacola put it, over somebody. ...But, I also knew that about myself enough to develop skills for engaging my intellectual side as well. And often that is exactly what you have to do in situations like this. It is 100% okay to feel this way about somebody. Heck, even if it may be kind of early. ...BUT, you also need to be able to take a step back and realize that nobody can really earn those feelings until you have known them long enough. That you are more so excited and crazy about him because of who and what you think it seems to be he is.

And again, it is okay to feel that way. That cab be such a wonderful feeling. ....You just don't want to throw caution to the wind too much and give into those thoughts too quickly. Instead, give him the chance over time to continue to prove if he is worthy of those thoughts, and the more and more he proves he is, the more and more you can let them out/share them with him.

As others have said, you wouldn't want to go up to a guy with whom you've only been on 3 dates and professing to him your undying love and that he is totally THE ONE and all that kind of stuff. At the same time, though, that doesn't mean you can't share your feelings with him somewhat. You can share that you are really enjoying your time together. Or things like you feel closer to him then you normally would to other guys by now.

I know it almost sounds like my advice is contradicting itself. LOL! It really isn't, though. It is all about that balance between allowing yourself to enjoy those wonderful feelings... yet at the same time being wise enough to realize that maybe the person will prove not to be who and what you thought they were after all. Being wise enough to realize they need to prove they ARE worthy of those feelings over time. Honestly, it sounds like you have actually done a pretty good job. You shared your feelings with him somewhat and it sounds like he's even on the same page with you. So, it sounds like things are going pretty well anyway. I wish you the absolute best and hope they continue to go well.