+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: She wants to stay in contact??/

She wants to stay in contact??/

So my ex (of 3 years) broke up with me 3 weeks ago. She told me she wanted a break. I was crushed at first but now I am feeling much better. I called her last week and told her that I was ready to move-on and didn't want to wait around for her.

She e-mailed me 4 days later saying that she never meant to lead me on and really wanted a break. She says she is NOT ready to get back together. She says she loves me and cares for me and doesn't want to consider this relationship just to be the end.

She understands that I want to move on, but says “if you ever want another chance I would have to have contact with you". What should I say to this? I told her I don't want to be just friends and now she is upset that I only consider her as my "girlfriend".

The thing is I feel like I have my feelings under control and talking to her once in awhile wouldn’t set me back too much. Then again I don’t want to hear about all the stuff she has been doing without me.

Do I hold to NC and risk upsetting her? Do I have minimal contact and only respond to her contacts? Do I tell her I won’t play the part of a friend right now?

Why did you call and tell her you were ready to move on and didn't want to wait around for her? You should have just done that without telling her and kept to No Contact. Of course, you were probably hoping she would respond to you telling her that by saying she wants to get back together. She's just playing around with you. I would stop talking to her and actually move on.

Yes, she is just playing with you. Keeping you around in case other offers don't pan out for her. Fvck her. Move on; you'll forget about her soon enough.

Drop her like a smelly sock
    Last edited by TAVS; 09-11-05 at 12:58 AM.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with Junsui on this!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I agree with Lloyd...Who said that?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Have you guys noticed that Lloyd has been giving good advice lately, without his normal dose of the sarcasm we love?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Have you guys noticed that Lloyd has been giving good advice lately, without his normal dose of the sarcasm we love?
    Yea i've noticed that shh!...Good work Lloyd!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    I agree with Lloyd...Who said that?
    Perfect! Now put that under your screen name so as to cancel out that blasphemy we call "Shh!"

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    What do you mean by that??

Awww.....she love's me!

I love your sarcasm more. It is entertaining.
    :-)

Haaa thanks guys. I called her last week to tell her that because I felt like I needed the closure to move on and forget her. Now it seems to have backfired because she has basically given me an ultimatum that we stay in contact if I ever want another chance.

Hmm this is tough for me, but I will follow your advice and not contact her back. Maybe I will check back with her a month from now and let her know that I needed the time to myself to move on. I figure she doesn't deserve my friendship right now. I want a lover and not a friend.

I hope this is the right decision for me.

Sounds good, I would even wait longer than a month, more like 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion-Guy
    Maybe I will check back with her a month from now
    Why? What would be the purpose of this? Get over her, move on, and don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Why? What would be the purpose of this? Get over her, move on, and don't look back.
    Because she was 3 great years of my life. Sure I will move on and might meet another great lady, but it is hard to give up "all hope" after a 3 year relationship.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast