+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I start to ignore?

Should I start to ignore?

I have been in contact with this guy for 3 months now where he was introduced to me through basically his ex girlfriend. He started calling me almost everyday and we spent time talking to each other and I met him once where I spent a few days at his place. I did not really feel attracted to him at first but eventually I felt that I was getting closer to him and as he kept calling me everyday and saying that he liked me very much, I thought he was equally attracted to me too. But recently he found out that his ex girlfriend has met a new guy and he became very jealous to the extent that he kept calling her and was unhappy about her meeting this new guy. He even shared with me his concern and I eventually realised that he did not feel any spark with me and was just using my time to listen to him every day. I had to make a difficult decision to ignore his calls as I got hurt that he feels there is no spark between us but it was very confusing for me when he kept saying that he likes me very much repeatedly. I would like to think that he is a nice man but I now feel cheated when he seems to have not moved on from his ex and has been using up much of my time to just listen to him talking.

Any thoughts? I know it will just be logical to stay away from him but I also don't want to be rude not to answer his calls.
    Also is 3 months too fast to ask someone if he wants to commit to a relationship or not since he has been the one calling me and wanting to talk to me but is yet to make up his mind whether he wants to get to know me better or not.
    Last edited by purplerain2010; 12-05-18 at 03:29 AM.

My guess

Actions speak louder than words with his "I like you" stuff. I personally think he treating you as "right now" gierl and you should dump him. I have no idea about the 3 months too early thing but am interested in what others say. I think he may be just an "if I cant have this I want it" guy...which will go back and fourth and eventually drive you insane.

Technically i feel like i have been dumped as he has said to me that he does not feel any magic with me but yet chooses to spend at least an hour talking to me everyday. He can't seem to understand the difference between being a friend and being in a relationship where I cannot imagine friends calling each other everyday and willing to spend 1 to 2 hours hanging on the phone.

Yeah, not good- ignore him and move on. Not feeling magic? That was just rude for him to say then keep calling.