+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Depressed after being rejected while she is living her life as normal. Need help ?

Depressed after being rejected while she is living her life as normal. Need help ?

I am depressed by the fact that the girl i like, doesn't like me back, rejected me, tried to be friends with me which i turned down. Moreover, she was leading me on, friendly or was she just flirting with me, only she can tell. Been almost 2 weeks since we ended our so called friendship, I haven't contacted her, and neither has she. Yet she is living life as normal, she is happy, partying every weekend, socializing and working as a volunteer for big concerts and festivals. She is busy and occupied with life and it breaks my heart that she never even valued our friendship. It's not that I don't care about her, but its because I care too much and I had to let her go. I am the one suffering, thinking about what she is up to almost every single day, thinking about who she might be seeing and can't even get passed this.

We have the same circle of friends, and she barely interacts with the group anymore after we ended our friendship. She has a lot of friends outside our group of friends and she spends every moment with them now. I thought it would had been easier for me to move on and find someone else, yet I sit here in disbelief that if i had played my cards right, I could had been with her...

How can I move past this and how should I act in front of her ? I don't even look her in the eye anymore, avoid her completely as if she is not even in the room and it hurts me and my friend tells me not to do this because she will only think more of herself...

Take her example and keep busy, and act happy even if you arent like it doesnt bother you.

Hey! I remember the dating days! It seemed that I was always so stressed out and worried. I remember when I was a senior and we had a party at one of my friends house. We lived out in the "Sticks" and her parents had a lot of land, so we had a fire and just hung out. Later that night, the girls whose house I was at asked me to help her with some food. I followed her to the house and she stopped me and kissed me. We were just friends and the thought never crossed my mind. But maybe due to the kiss or something, but I fell for her. We started hanging out more and when I started asking about starting a relationship she backed off and later found out that she was also leading several other guys on. It did bother me. After several more heartbreaks, God blessed the broken road and I found the girl I now call my wife. Hang in there! Have you considered talking to a pastor or a counselor? It helped me several times. I will be praying for you!

See it as a blessing in disguise. This is exactly why I don't date anymore : Too many rejections and blows to the ego. People are so bad. But, there's not much you can do about it except keep calm and carry on. Consider going to a shrink (if you are able financially), get busy, and move forward. That's all you can do.