+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you believe in coincidences in life?

Do you believe in coincidences in life?

I’m asking because I recently met someone and I have never felt this way about a guy on the first date. I have not heard from him in 2 weeks, and know he’s been out of town 2x. So today I’m in his town on an appointment and I stop to get coffee at a Starbuck’s. I grab the local paper to kill time. The paper is mostly social events (pictures). In any case, the guy I like has a VERY uncommon, first name. I’m skimming through the paper and two diffferent men have the same name in the paper. One was at a tennis match, which happens to be my crush’s favorite hobby. Coincidence?

Yes! Coincidence

Was it your guy in the paper? Have you heard from him again, if not, why not text and see how he is doing
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Eh. It is a little strange. I believe that a lot of things are destined to happen.

I asked a girl for her number my senior year of college, and she ended up just not responding when i tried texting her. I thouht of it as a lost cause and just deleted her number and kept living.

Fast forward 6 months, I started an internship 50 miles away, and guess who happened to be volunteering at the workplace as I started my internship? Yep. Hilariously, she emailed me, apologized and I asked her out, and we started dating. Ultimately things didn't work out, but we had some contact still here and there afterwords. I eventually just lost interest after a while. She got married to some other guy.

She was really great, and while I admit I was pretty bummed initially when things didn't work out. It ultimately lead to me reading self help books, articles, watching videos which made me tenfold the man I ever could have been previously. I'm so thankful for that experience.

I thought that was destiny. And when things ended, initially I thought to myself "this was such a strange coincidence, I really thought this was going to work out", but I guess fate had other plans for me.

Nice story, although you did not get the girl in the end. Time will tell with this guy, although not holding my breath. I must admit his first name is beyond usual. So maybe I’ll meet someone else with that name? Lol

True, you're right. you know life is all about memories though. I can handle things passing, it does suck initially as it can take a long time sometimes to meet and connect with someone that you really like.
    Plus, sometimes it's hard to think that your story with that person may be over with indefinitely.
    But with each person you meet, I think you become a better version of yourself due to those experiences (hopefully, if you're being aware of self improvement and in a good headspacd).

However.
    The great thing about life, is that "the one" truly is a myth. There are a lot of great people out there.

Yes, very true about meeting someone you like. In my case, it is very rare if I really like me a guy. Looking more for depth than looks...