+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My crush parked her car in a different spot. Am I overreacting?

My crush parked her car in a different spot. Am I overreacting?

There's this girl at work that I like and I know she likes me as well. Her friends have told me that she likes me and I can tell based off of how she acts around me.

In our employee parking lot, she arrives at work before me and always parks in the same spot, one right next to my preferred spot. I'd always park right next to her car. But today when I got to work, she had parked one spot over from her usual spot to where when I park my car, hers is no longer directly next to mine. It's one spot over and now there's an empty spot between our two cars.

Is she avoiding me? She still comes across as the same when we're actually in person and working together, but I'm thinking that she doesn't like me anymore and now she's trying to avoid our cars being next to each other. Like, she parked one spot over because she doesn't want me parking next to her anymore. What do you think?

I think I smell some bad troll

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    I think I smell some bad troll
    Why would you say that?

...I can't tell if this is a serious question or somebody just causing nonsense and tomfoolery. ...I mean, how many spots tend to be available in your company's parking lot? Because, if she were specifically trying to avoid you I would think she'd park somewhere COMPLETELY different. Not simply ONE SPOT away from where she normally parks.

Bottom line, why bother to speculate. If you like her, and you feel confident enough that you could hopefully avoid any weirdness if you two don't work out, and yet are still co-workers.... then why not just ask her out? Don't try to analyze and interpret everything little thing she does or says or you will just always drive yourself crazy with speculation.

Lol, such a bad troll. If not, with that level of overthinking, you already lost. It's about going with the flow.. Accepting anything thrown at you. If this uncenters you, what happens when real conflict arises?

This actually just makes you sound creepy, no offence. It sounds like the traits of a future stalker. Pull yourself together man.

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    Lol, such a bad troll. If not, with that level of overthinking, you already lost. It's about going with the flow.. Accepting anything thrown at you. If this uncenters you, what happens when real conflict arises?

This actually just makes you sound creepy, no offence. It sounds like the traits of a future stalker. Pull yourself together man.
    Why does everyone keep assuming that this is a troll post?

I wouldnt read too much into this. See where she parks next time.

Im not even sure if I should bother to honestly answer this but I will Humor you for a little

If you indeed worry about where she parks her car then you are just about as unnatural as it gets concerning the whole „dance of seduction“

If this is a problem for you then if that is no „sign“ for her distancing herself from you then she should.

If you judge a social relationships by parking lots to an extend where you join an online forum to discuss this you do not know how to judge social interactions.
    This means if you are interested in having relationships with women I would suggest you start noticing the effect you have on people
    By watching them
    By noticing wether they want to talk to you
    By being interested in them
    By not talking about yourself for a while
    By not bragging or anything else that puts you in the middle of the conversation
    By just getting an empathic feelin about what other people think and feel

You are totally overreacting. Ask her out & stop gossiping about her with your co-workers.