+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My breakup story

My breakup story

Was with ex girlfriend for almost 2.5 years
    We broke up almost 2.5 months ago. Things were a little rocky a few weeks before we broke up. Before the night we broke up, she told me she still loved me but the next day she had been thinking about things (I told her i wasnt happy and was thinking about a breakup) and she said that she felt guilty and to blame for the problems we were experiencing. I think she felt very insecure as a lot of people used to comment that i was extremely good looking but she felt insecure. It came to a point where there were girls who were trying to flirt with me in front of her. Anyway so I broke it off her. She was devastated and kept crying and wanted to hold my hand and hug me but i refused and then she said maybe its best we broke up. I deleted her from Facebook that night, and then 2 days later she blocked me.

There was a guy at work (Im 100% better looking than him, ive shown people photos of him and no one seems to find him attractive). He is definitely punching above his weight with her. He works with her and I heard weeks before that at a work party that they hung out and even went after work for a drink. She didn't tell me that they had gone for a drink until 2 days later where she told me that she had to tell me something. I thought nothing of it until now but she started seeing this guy apparently 2.5 weeks after we broke up. He is the complete opposite to me.

After we broke up, she blocked me from all social media and im guessing mobile phone. But I managed to make contact 6 weeks after break up via viber which she forgot to block me on. She called me up after reading my message and she was on the phone crying asking why im contacting her now as she had just started to move on. She asked if i had been seeing anyone i said yes but i didnt want to anymore because i wasnt ready to be in a relationship. She asked if i had sex with the girl i was honest and said yes. She wasnt impressed. But she also told me that she had just started seeing that guy from work. We spoke for 1.5 hours though. She also refused to catch up with me in person as she said that she couldnt do that to the new guy.Then she completely blocked me everywhere until I called her on her phone via private number almost a week later. She was extremely angry when I called and kept abusing me and telling me how much I had hurt her but we still managed to speak for over an hour on the phone. She was angry and over-exagerated many things but she also said that she doesnt love me anymore. But she told me and my friends that she had never fallen for someone like me before.

I decided that was it. Then one night I went out and i was with girls. And she was there. She was drunk and said that she saw me twice that night. Nothing happened. Her friend said hi to me and then i asked her friend about my ex, something that someone was saying. The next day my ex decided to call me and again we spoke for over an hour. This time she was more calm but she told me that her new guy had done something that i used to do that had upset her, and that she was getting the vibe from people that i am better than her new guy. She said she also wanted to say hi to me that night but didnt because i was with girls, and she stood a couple metres behind me out of all places. She also said that she had seen me with girls on social media and was asking me about this new girl. She asked me if i had sex with her (i ignored that question) and she also told me that i could do better than her (even though she is slightly better looking, but personality wise my ex was better). She also told me that she would unblock my mobile phone number as it was childish of her to have it blocked.

A week later I sent her a message asking for her tax agent's number. She replied via text.

This week I told her that I would be sending someone to collect my belongings and she called me up 10 minutes after I sent that text and we spoke for about 40 minutes. Her first words were I was thinking about you. I asked what do you mean, she said i was thinking about 30 minutes earlier that you would text me today. We spoke and she again asked if i was with the other girl. I told her no. She told me that she had gone away for the weekend with her new guy to visit some of his cousins. I asked if they were official, her response was people at work already know about us. She also told me that she had told her new guy that we had been speaking. She was extremely nice over the phone. She also said that she had seen a photo of me on facebook through my mate's page.

Some things I still don't understand:
    1. She has blocked me from all social media yet she has kept my cousin sisters and friends on there? Why?
    2. She told her new guy that we were speaking. If she had respect for him, wouldnt she stop contacting me? Im sure he wouldnt be too happy hwen she told him that we were still speaking, even though it was only 4 times since the break up?
    3. Why did she say it was childish to have my number blocked, and then taht night she unblocked it?
    4. Is it a good sign when she said "I was thinking about you... that you would message me today?". Does that mean that she still thinks about me?
    5. Why does she call me and speak to me on the phone? If she didn't care, wouldnt she just ignore or text me?
    5. Do you think this is a rebound relationship that she is in? She alwasys said good things about this guy but hes honestly extremely ugly.
    6. Do you think that she still has feelings for me/loves me?
    7. What should my next move be? I have no reason to contact her anymore as I will seem more desperate. If I dont text her, would you as a girl get curious as to why I haven't messaged and that could give her a reason to call to see what I am up to????

Thank you very much for your help

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy64 View Post
    Was with ex girlfriend for almost 2.5 years
    We broke up almost 2.5 months ago. Things were a little rocky a few weeks before we broke up. Before the night we broke up, she told me she still loved me but the next day she had been thinking about things (I told her i wasnt happy and was thinking about a breakup) and she said that she felt guilty and to blame for the problems we were experiencing. I think she felt very insecure as a lot of people used to comment that i was extremely good looking but she felt insecure. It came to a point where there were girls who were trying to flirt with me in front of her. Anyway so I broke it off her. She was devastated and kept crying and wanted to hold my hand and hug me but i refused and then she said maybe its best we broke up. I deleted her from Facebook that night, and then 2 days later she blocked me.

There was a guy at work (Im 100% better looking than him, ive shown people photos of him and no one seems to find him attractive). He is definitely punching above his weight with her. He works with her and I heard weeks before that at a work party that they hung out and even went after work for a drink. She didn't tell me that they had gone for a drink until 2 days later where she told me that she had to tell me something. I thought nothing of it until now but she started seeing this guy apparently 2.5 weeks after we broke up. He is the complete opposite to me.

After we broke up, she blocked me from all social media and im guessing mobile phone. But I managed to make contact 6 weeks after break up via viber which she forgot to block me on. She called me up after reading my message and she was on the phone crying asking why im contacting her now as she had just started to move on. She asked if i had been seeing anyone i said yes but i didnt want to anymore because i wasnt ready to be in a relationship. She asked if i had sex with the girl i was honest and said yes. She wasnt impressed. But she also told me that she had just started seeing that guy from work. We spoke for 1.5 hours though. She also refused to catch up with me in person as she said that she couldnt do that to the new guy.Then she completely blocked me everywhere until I called her on her phone via private number almost a week later. She was extremely angry when I called and kept abusing me and telling me how much I had hurt her but we still managed to speak for over an hour on the phone. She was angry and over-exagerated many things but she also said that she doesnt love me anymore. But she told me and my friends that she had never fallen for someone like me before.

I decided that was it. Then one night I went out and i was with girls. And she was there. She was drunk and said that she saw me twice that night. Nothing happened. Her friend said hi to me and then i asked her friend about my ex, something that someone was saying. The next day my ex decided to call me and again we spoke for over an hour. This time she was more calm but she told me that her new guy had done something that i used to do that had upset her, and that she was getting the vibe from people that i am better than her new guy. She said she also wanted to say hi to me that night but didnt because i was with girls, and she stood a couple metres behind me out of all places. She also said that she had seen me with girls on social media and was asking me about this new girl. She asked me if i had sex with her (i ignored that question) and she also told me that i could do better than her (even though she is slightly better looking, but personality wise my ex was better). She also told me that she would unblock my mobile phone number as it was childish of her to have it blocked.

A week later I sent her a message asking for her tax agent's number. She replied via text.

This week I told her that I would be sending someone to collect my belongings and she called me up 10 minutes after I sent that text and we spoke for about 40 minutes. Her first words were I was thinking about you. I asked what do you mean, she said i was thinking about 30 minutes earlier that you would text me today. We spoke and she again asked if i was with the other girl. I told her no. She told me that she had gone away for the weekend with her new guy to visit some of his cousins. I asked if they were official, her response was people at work already know about us. She also told me that she had told her new guy that we had been speaking. She was extremely nice over the phone. She also said that she had seen a photo of me on facebook through my mate's page.

Some things I still don't understand:
    1. She has blocked me from all social media yet she has kept my cousin sisters and friends on there? Why?
    2. She told her new guy that we were speaking. If she had respect for him, wouldnt she stop contacting me? Im sure he wouldnt be too happy hwen she told him that we were still speaking, even though it was only 4 times since the break up?
    3. Why did she say it was childish to have my number blocked, and then taht night she unblocked it?
    4. Is it a good sign when she said "I was thinking about you... that you would message me today?". Does that mean that she still thinks about me?
    5. Why does she call me and speak to me on the phone? If she didn't care, wouldnt she just ignore or text me?
    5. Do you think this is a rebound relationship that she is in? She alwasys said good things about this guy but hes honestly extremely ugly.
    6. Do you think that she still has feelings for me/loves me?
    7. What should my next move be? I have no reason to contact her anymore as I will seem more desperate. If I dont text her, would you as a girl get curious as to why I haven't messaged and that could give her a reason to call to see what I am up to????

Thank you very much for your help
    Anyone please?

You broke it off with her, so you messed up. And should be sincere about that, admit you ****ed up.
    You should tell her that you want to work things out and to let you know if she ever feels the same.
    You obviously hurt her, you should have hugged her, and deleting her off Facebook? Cone on. There's no need to be a jerk.

And that's it. See if she comes around but leave her be. None of this calling from a private number crap..
    She obviously had a good bond with you because that type of stuff would never fly with other people. That reaks of desperation. You call once and speak your mind, then after you've said your piece, move on as if it's over.

If she contacts you, set up a date. This chit chat stuff is just not necessary.

She obviously has feelings for you, she's calling you.
    The new guy likely won't work out. Not because of his looks. In fact, looks matter less than you'd think, it's an advantage, but a guy that's a 5/10 can still win. Especially if hes well put together and knows how to act.

The real reason is because she's had more time spent with you.
    So because of that, she has more if an emotional bond with you. 2.5 years is a good amount of time.

You asking others how he looks to reaffirm that he isn't as physically attractive as you is kind of funny since you called your girlfriend insecure but that's a really insecure act in itself. Lol, just fyi,

You do need to have things straight with women however. The breakup thing, not a good idea. You should have just talked with her about things. Grow together or grow apart. Never do that unless you're 100% sure.
    Last edited by GLYC; 18-05-18 at 04:50 PM.

I agree with you

Thanks for the replies. Im confused with the contact rules though. Ive initiated all first contact with her pretty much, but does it count if she calls me after I have sent her a text? Im guessing if she didnt care, wouldnt she just ignore my texts etc?