+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Technical issues...

Technical issues...

I was trying to record clips from movies using the VLC Media Player because that's the best and by far the easiest way to do so without having to hunt around for trial versions of DVD rip applications. I had been using Windows Movie Maker before that, so I don't know if that was interfering with it. Files were not saving as MP4. They were saving as MPG instead with the Windows Movie Maker logo on them, so I had to use the movie maker thing (the old one you got for free with that Windows Essentials pack from 2012) and then the videos would look mostly frozen, but the sound was okay. Now I deleted the Windows pack on my laptop to try it again. The videos now record okay, but there is no sound. Yet everything else has sound and the app is not on mute either.

The laptop is also quite old. I didn't have it for a long time. When I got it back, it was running very slow. Yet the malware and anti-virus programs aren't detecting any issues, and I chose to defrag it too, so I don't get what's up with it.

What a nuisance...
    Last edited by My Coffee Cup; 24-05-18 at 03:15 AM.