+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She met and slept with someone else at the start

She met and slept with someone else at the start

I have been with my girlfriend for almost a year. I found out when we were early dating (2 dates), she met another man on a night out and slept with him a number of times.

She ghosted me for about a week and then messaged me out of the blue. I kind of know this isn't cheating but it makes me worry that she is the unfaithful type.

I have been cheated on before and know how bad that sucks.
    Am I wrong to feel so hurt by this?

How did You find out about This? Did she tell you? If so, that's a great woman, you know she's comfortable disclosing information like this, that takes strength and sincerity.

It's not that bad. The reality is, you were both still getting to know one another.
    It sucks, you got ghosted, she thought she found someone else that she connected better with.
    But the reality is, nobody should put all their eggs in one basket so early on.
    (Men and women should both be openly looking at their options at this stage if they wish).
    You only had 2 dates, you didn't know each other that well yet.

You have nothing to worry about in my opinion, don't take it personally that it happened to you.
    She chose you. Don't let this aspect of things make you think that you're not important to her or anything.
    Last edited by GLYC; 25-05-18 at 06:45 PM.

Do you love her?
    Does she honestly love you?

Yes I love her. She says she loves me.

What people say is irellevant.
    When she says it and you look her in the eye, does she mean it?

Are you wrong to feel hurt? Generally my answer to a question like that is almost always no. You can't help how you feel. It isn't like you heard about this and DECIDED to be hurt by it. It was a gut reaction you could not help.

Should you be hurt by it is really the more valid question. I would agree with what others have said. No, not really. You two only had two dates. So obviously there should have/probably would have been no exclusivity. When you are so early in the dating process you should pretty much assume the other person is seeing other people. You should also assume that COULD include sex. Sure, it sucks that it seemed like she was ghosting you for a bit.... but eventually she came back around and realized you were right for her.

Heck, as I said in your other post... she even went as far as sleeping with that guy.... and yet still ultimately decided you were more her match than was he. After all, she's with you, not him. Now, if you were coming to us saying that you learned that a gal you had dated twice had slept with another guy and you weren't sure you wanted to continue dating her after that, my advice would have been two options. BOTH of those options include that you understand she did nothing wrong. That you not hold it against her.... However, that doesn't mean you necessarily have to be okay with it. I could understand if you would more so want the kind of woman who wouldn't be dating and sleeping with multiple guys at once. So, I could certainly understand if that was a deal-breaker for you. It's just, it may be wrong FOR YOU, but that doesn't mean it is wrong for everybody. So, fine if that meant you didn't want to continue with her, but NOT fine to treat her like she did anything wrong.

But the time to have made that decision was back then. Now that you two have been dating for a year, it is not fair to still hold that against her. If it was such a problem for you then you shouldn't have continued dating her in the first place.

However, from reading your other thread it sounds like there are other, perhaps more serious issues anyway.