+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Holiday with an ex

Holiday with an ex

Hey,

Not an overly complicated story to this one.

Looking for some sound advice from you guys and would really really appreciate it.

I've had a friend Ive known since we were kids and I was introduced to her best mate.

We hit it off and started dating. I was warned she was scared of committment but took no notice.

Six months on and Im smitten for this girl. She goes on holiday, comes back in tears telling me its over because she cant see a spark. She says she dragged it out because she likes me so much and wanted there to be something but theres not.

I get the usual updates from the mutual friend that she misses me and may have made the wrong decision. After about a month I make the terrible decision to broach getting back together and im turned away.

Fast forward 3-4 months.

I was invited by the mutual friend to go stay at their house overseas in the sun with a pool etc etc; im told about the various people in the group who are going but relieved to not hear my ex's name. I agree and all is well.

Suddenly when talking about the holiday her name is dropped casually in to the conversation. My friend pleads ignorance that she definietly told me the ex is going but thats not a fact I'd overlook lightly. A few weeks later and the ex texts me after no contact asking if im ok with her coming before she books flights. I tell her im sure we can be adult about it, we share a few laughs and i go back to not replying.

ive always been clear i dont do friends or contact after breakups. Its now one month before we go, She texts me asking if I'd like to organise something with her for the mutual friends birthday. And asks how we're getting there as shes joining us seperately. I reply and look to keep things civil. Its now been over 3 days and shes not replied. Im pissed off for making an effort and getting rudeness back

the mutual friend has said we're likely to sleep together a number of times, less so recently but the last 6 months since we broke up I've worked amazingly hard to get in to the best shape i could and have revolutionised my body. The mutual friend thinks this is a sure thing for us sleeping together. Again this hasnt been memtioned much recently

How do i handle her and this holiday? Im also admittedly worried she'll be with someone else and jealous. Not that she'd bring them on holiday but itd sting all the same. I dont get updates from my mutual friends as thats how i prefer it. I go in one month

Any advice is welcome! cheers in advance

So
    There is this girl who you were into but it didn’t turn out the way you liked
    And now you go on holiday together
    So what?

The problem really is your limiting belief about doing „no contact“
    You can talk to her she is no monster

Sometimes love isn’t the spark and butterflys
    Sometimes the beginning of love is not so much noticeable.
    Maybe she realized that too late

Maybe even she only likes you but doesn’t want to be with you

For you all of this doesn’t matter

You just have to decide wether you want to seduce her while you are in contact with her, or not or wether you just want to see how things go

Be grateful to share your holidays with wonderful and special people

just set the record straight with her you are going because you want to be with other friends. while you will be civil to her you have no romantic thoughts about reuniting with her. she will probably react that she has no interest in a relationship with you and her current lover will accompany her.