+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I get back in contact with the girl I like?

How can I get back in contact with the girl I like?

I am 23 years old and a few months ago I finished university. I have always been very bad to maintain contact with my colleagues when we no longer see each other, it happened to me at school, where I didn't mantain contact with good friends and I didn't talk with them anymore.

Well, in my last semester of university, in one of the classes I met a nice girl. I'm quite shy, and it's always difficult for me to speak spontaneously with the majority of people, but with her it was not like that; almost from the first moment, we got on very well, we talked in class, we laughed and the chemistry between us was one that I had never experienced with a woman.

The semester ended, I no longer returned to the university and as on previous occasions, I let the contact fade away. At Christmas she sent me a greeting on Whatsapp, to which I replied, I gave her my best wishes and she thanked me; that was the last time we communicated by any means. Now, almost half a year after that last communication, I feel that I should not make the same mistake as always, I want to talk to her, that we see each other again, but I do not want her to think that I'm a nuisance or that I'm desperate, so I do not know where to start.

It should be noted that there is a great advantage, and that is that we are friends on Facebook. I'm too shy to talk to her suddenly, for no apparent reason, so I think to greet her for her Birthday, but it's still far away, because it's in five months, and until that time she may have forgotten about me. She is one of the most special people I've met lately, so I do not want ours to fade and feel like a loser for not doing anything about it.

Thank you everyone.

Who cares how much time has passed? Just message her, and be direct.

Basically just be like,

"Hey, what's new?"

"Oh yeah? Nice nice"

"Hey what's your number? We should go out for coffee or drinks at so and so"

Stop worrying about being labeled desperate. Being desperate isn't asking a woman out.
    That's called being a man.

She probably likes you considering she initiated contact with you and stuff. Or at
    Least there's a chance. Go for it.

Message her. She will prob get a thrill out of it. Im a girl and I would. So do it! Can’t hurt trying but can hurt you not trying.

I must confess that I'm throwing my own thoughts into this partially because I'm curious what others have to say myself. Your story reminds me a lot of myself. I've had similar situations. USUALLY not with a reliable way to still contact whichever girl happened to be my crush at the time after the situation where we saw each other ended. Though, I have even had situations where we were friends on some form of social media, or in some way COULD still have contact. And I've often had the same doubts as what you express here. The same uncertainty as to how to approach it. The same concern that I'd seem weird, that it would seem to random and turn her off the idea immediately.

Truth be told, I spent WAY too much of my life listening to those negative voices and deciding it better not to even try. And you know what was the result of that? Invariably it always resulted in that person permanently disappearing from my life usually never having even known I had any interest in them at all. Don't make the same mistakes. Take it from a guy who knows from past experience... it is so much better off knowing then to be left wondering what if?

Even if you tried asking her out and she wasn't interested, at least you would know. Sure, that would suck, that would hurt, but then you could move on and in time find somebody else. Heck, the more you try the easier it gets to try again. ...BUT, on the other hand, what if it turns out you ask and she IS interested? Wouldn't you be kicking yourself for even thinking of not bothering to try? It's too late for me, but it doesn't have to be for you.

23 is still very young. You have plenty of time left to find somebody. But, at the same time, don't waste that time not believing in yourself. Your situation is much better than it could have been. First off, as you said you two are already in contact on social media. So it isn't like she's completely gone from your life with no way to reach out to her. Secondly, you mention that she randomly sent you a nice greeting over the holidays. That at least shows she still considers you somebody worth keeping on the "Christmas card list," figuratively speaking.

I would say go for it.... just keep it simple. In other words, don't send her some super long, super gushy message where you go on and on about how you like her, and you've always liked her, and you always wanted to ask her out but were too shy, and yada yada yada... Just keep it simple. I think GLYC's suggestion sounds pretty good.

...Now if only I could follow my own damn advice. LOL! Because, believe me, I know from experience it is SO much easier said than done. But you CAN do it. Believe in yourself. Even if you have to pretend/act like you believe in yourself at first.... eventually it will be easier to ACTUALLY believe in yourself. Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 14-06-18 at 12:04 AM.

Don't know about the rest of you on here, but it seems the OP already answered the main question of the topic himself, he already knows how to get in contact with the girl, he just needs a kick in the butt to actually do it.

I don't do any of that social media junk myself, but it sure sounds like you have a means of contacting her, so just do it. Just open up by asking her how's she doing and maybe exchange phone numbers at some point so you can chat. Then, if she is still living near by, maybe go out for a drink or something.

You may think you're young now and have plenty of time, but believe me when I say that your youth and health can be ripped away from you in a blink of an eye, so the time to act on this kind of thing is now!
    Last edited by CleanCut; 14-06-18 at 11:53 AM.
    Life is shorter than you think, so never hold anything back!

Yeah, agree with Clean.
    Theres a interesting girl at my work who I find very nice looking. Havent spoke with her despite working in same company for years. Now said Hi few weeks ago and she said Hi back. Still didnt gatheres balls to say Hi again other days. Just thinking like Clean - life is short. Anything can happen so why not try while there is a chance. Always been thinking that my life would be so much better if I met this or that girl few years sooner. When I was younger etc. things could be so much easier. As they say - time is wasted on youth. When you get older, closer to 40 you learn to "grab the life by the pussy" (Trump). Act on first heartbeat one thought is born in your mind. The time is now. After all - Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by amitkr6543 View Post
    LIKE her pic on social media which she has uploaded almost a year or two ago . This will give a good hint that you have watched her entire profile and photos .
    Would people maybe think that was weird/creepy? Especially if you did it out of the blue after you'd already been following them for a while? ...Totally asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    When you get older, closer to 40 you learn to "grab the life by the pussy" (Trump).
    Ugh! Please don't quote him. The hurt is still fresh. LOL! I consider myself an honorary Canadian now after that election.