+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Me + This Guy= Fate or Not?

Me + This Guy= Fate or Not?

● A year and a half ago I was being sexually harassed by this older man (37) when I had just turned 19. Eventually I went on Facebook and saw a pic of some random guy with his friend. I thought he looked tough as he was holding his fists up to the camera (and super hot for that matter) so I told that older guy that he was my boyfriend and showed him that pic in order to get him to back off and leave me alone.
    ●Recently I discovered that my Dad is friends with his Dad & that my Mom is friends with his Mom and they both have the exact same occupations. We both even have 1 younger brother the exact same age and 1 younger sister the exact same age and he lives only 5 minutes from me!
    ●We got to know each other at a party as we also have mutual friends. We really clicked and now we are going on a date! Also I literally just bought a new trampoline and his INITIALS are written in the centre of it + the surname on the trampoline is his surname! (Eg. His name = John Pole- J. Pole is on the trampoline!?)
    Fate or not....?

If you want it to be fate then let it be just that fate -- what does it hurt. Either way, you got a date so just go with it. Don't bring up about that old guy harassing you.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

It's not fate it's an omen.

connor.jpg

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Terminator got it right as far as I am concerned. Don't get me wrong. That doesn't mean I don't think it COULD turn out to be fate after all, it's more that you two will decide that more so than some intangible force like "fate." That doesn't mean I don't think that you and he could wind up being a great match. This could very well turn into something great, and then wouldn't this be such an amazing story to be able to share with others about your history together?

Or it could turn out you two don't really hit it off and then this winds up just being a huge coincidence. I agree with Jffs. I would say just go about this as you would any other date... and maybe you will actually MAKE it your fate after all.

But, believe me... as a lifelong hopeless romantic (emphasis on the "hopeless" part) there have often been such crazy scenarios that I almost thought could be fate... that turned out to be nothing more than coincidences. In my case, usually not with the happiest of endings. So, I wish for a much more positive result for you. Good luck!

I agree just treat it just like it's any other day, just any other guy, and keep your expectations in check. Enjoy your summer.

Thank you