+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Completely in love with this bad boy... Genuine Opinion???

Completely in love with this bad boy... Genuine Opinion???

He is 23 & I'm 20. This is my first proper relationship- obviously I had little teenage flings but this is an actual real relationship. I'm kind of in love with every single thing about him- his voice, his blue eyes, his hair, his lips, his smile- everything! Anyway the problem is he is a total bad boy-
    does drugs, smokes weed, excessively drinks, steals, encourages his friends to cheat, vandalises, has been in jail, expelled twice from schools, very violent (beats up guys) and was stabbed by people he pissed off last year and almost died.
    I know- horrendous! I just cannot help how I feel. I totally disapprove of every single bad thing he has done but I feel like there is a good guy underneath it all. He wants a job to get on the straight & narrow. I want to help him but I am scared that this is a mistake.
    Your genuine opinion please?

Please read your post
    And then imagine I wrote it
    And then write an answer to me

Exactly agreed with Hooo. That or pretend it was your sister or your best friend who wrote the post and respond to her. You can't change somebody. If he wants to change on his own anyway, then he'll make those efforts and you can even certainly help be part of his change. But, don't fall into the classic trap. Thinking you can change the bad boy into Mr. Right.

It is one thing if he actually does decide he wants to change on his own. 23 is still young. I personally think it is a little too old to still be "the bad boy..." but it is still such a young age. Maybe he sincerely wants to change. If he truly does, and truly shows he is making an effort, maybe it is worth it to give him some time. Just don't wait around forever thinking eventually he will change. Especially not if he is not actually putting in any sincere effort to do so. Talk is cheap. He can say he wants to change all he wants, but if it never actually happens it means nothing.