+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ready to give up

Ready to give up

Widowed almost 7 years ago. My first 2 relationships ended because both men lied to me and did it on several occasions. I was so good to them and each professed to love me. How can that be?

The last one I had to end after finding out that he withheld important information from me. That coupled with the fact that he never seemed to embrace me into his family and friends after almost 2 years of dating made it clear we weren't for each other. I wrote him a letter being civil as I could outlining why I felt betrayed and angry by his behavior. He has never responded to the letter - not even a text saying he sorry things didn't work out, etc. What does that say about him? I think it's another slap in the face or he is a complete coward!

Was this just to vent or were you looking for any specific advice? I mean, my gut reaction is pretty much exactly what it sounds like you concluded on your own anyway. That guy was a scumbag and didn't deserve you. Some other guy WILL deserve you if you still want to find him. Though, you know who else deserves you? You. I know maybe that sounds corny and cliche.... but finding happiness within is really so much more important. ...Very difficult too. I know from my own experience in life. But, it is worth it.

If, right now, there is nobody who can seem to appreciate you the way you deserve.... then maybe you should appreciate you the way you deserve. I have often said that the ultimate goal (as it relates to love) is to find enough happiness in yourself to not NEED love (to be okay even if you have to be without it) and yet still want it anyway. Still search it out anyway. Hopefully you are there already, and if so finding the right guy could just be a matter of time. It can be a long process. A frustrating process. It can be like a job search. You go through a lot of duds before you find the right match.

Best of luck to you. I hope you find that special somebody very soon. But, for now at least, I hope you can also find happiness in yourself.