+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bank Branch Manager: professional or flirting?

Bank Branch Manager: professional or flirting?

Hi all! I’m new here, but you all seem very helpful and nice. I would like assistance determining if my bank branch manager is into me or just being professionally friendly.

It started on Thursday. I went to this branch because my normal branch was closed. From the moment I walked in, this guy was all smiles. His first question to me was “how was your day?” And explained briefly that it was busy but good and asked how his was, to which he replied that he certainly couldn’t complain. I then told him that I was there to make a deposit. He helped me, but was all smiles, blushes and eye contact.
    He was asking me lots of questions during this, like what do I do for work, do I like my job... do I have kids... do I have a house yet, to which I said I had no reason to yet. When I said that, his eyes seemingly brightened. Huge grin. Fast forward, and as he is having me sign the deposit slip, he says “here, now this is my favorite pen I’m letting you use...” After I signed I joked about keeping it, and he just stared at me with this huge grin. The line was building up behind me about 4 people deep at this point. I asked if I could please take a brochure on their credit cards to go, I would be looking to start deciding in about two months. He says “you know... what does your schedule look like for the next week? What time do you normally work? What day do you have off?” As I’m answering him, he asks me to take out my iPhone and make a note: “meet with (tellers name) at 12p in Saturday.” He asked if that day and time was okay to “talk” and I said sure. He asked if he could call me before hand... to confirm... and I said yes. He then wrote down his name on like two of my documents and said he really looked forward to seeing me. Today, I called the bank to reschedule as something came up, and they had been expecting me. They said that he had to reschedule too, so to come tomorrow at 1pm. Ten minutes later, I get a Twitter follow and message from said banker, chatting me up a little with an apology for having to reschedule, but letting me know that he is really excited to learn more about me tomorrow,

Update: I went to the bank today, and the conversation went well. He did ask me what my plans were for after work on Friday, and said he would call... to discuss something he wants to follow up with on my account. He also wanted to know what my favorite type of food was, which seemed out of the blue. I think he’s trying to possibly plan a date and not seem obvious about it, but I don’t want to assume. When I left, he reminded me again that he would be calling. I’m more confused than ever. 🤷🏽*♀️

What do you guys think? Is this dude flirting and trying to get to know me, or just doing his job?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cassia; 12-06-18 at 12:54 AM.

Oh hell ya he's flirting! He's setting up a date by the sounds of it.

So obvious, like the above saying, he definitely flirt you. It seems that he was asking you out and care about what food and style of meeting you like. The flirting is coming into the surface. Lady enjoys your meeting and waits for his call as well.

It's hard to say, really. Bank tellers do have sales jobs, so you might want to be careful. However, the question about what type of food you like is obviously not a typical sales question and has nothing to do with credit cards or bank accounts, so it's possible he's interested. See how it plays out, but be cautious.