+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diggity's Guide to Successful Dating, For Men

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    It is pretty long, so I only read some of it. You can go into the friend zone with a woman and sometimes end up dating her. It may not be common, but two of my friends were friends for years before finally dating and now they are married. I have read most of that stuff before, just not in one long ass post.
    There are always exceptions to the rule. Always. It is silly to hope you are the exception, especially when you can get the same result so much easier by avoiding the common pitfalls.

For example: You can walk through a mine field and still make it across okay, but why do that when you can simple cut through the safe path? If you somehow make it through the mine field unlike the other 50 people who tried, you still could have made it through by not walking through it.

Tone Guest
    Diggity - shut up and stop crying. For crying out loud.

People thought you were spam - you weren't, now get over it and shutup. How can such a big baby give men advice on how to date?

I hate to see people get genuinely offended by the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDogg
    There are always exceptions to the rule. Always. It is silly to hope you are the exception, especially when you can get the same result so much easier by avoiding the common pitfalls.

For example: You can walk through a mine field and still make it across okay, but why do that when you can simple cut through the safe path? If you somehow make it through the mine field unlike the other 50 people who tried, you still could have made it through by not walking through it.
    To me, if men need such a simple guide to help them with dating, then maybe they shouldn't be dating. Again, that's IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I apologize, diggity dog - I may have set the tone for mocking your post with my laughing at it in the first place. Due to its length, I thought you were spamming. My apologies. I hate to see people genuinely offended by our teasing.
    Thanks shh! for the sincere apology. I posted this thread before I left work yesterday and was excited to see some responses when I got back to work this morning and was frustrated to see what I saw from people who never bothered to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Diggity - shut up and stop crying. For crying out loud.

People thought you were spam - you weren't, now get over it and shutup. How can such a big baby give men advice on how to date?

Thanks for the positive response. You help is appreciated.

Do you know what the ad hominem fallacy is? You just committed it. You cannot attack the point by attacking the person. Your opinion of me has no effect on whether I am right or not. Besides, I have been very calm throughout this thrashing. I think it was childish, but I have apologized to one person whom I wronged and have not gone into a cussing fest insulting people. I guess babies are this calm.

If people are admitting they responded wrong to my post then it's cool, I am fine with that. I want to discuss the actual topic at hand but i am not so sure we can now with all of this off topic clutter on here. I wish a mod would erase the posts so we can start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    To me, if men need such a simple guide to help them with dating, then maybe they shouldn't be dating. Again, that's IMO.
    You're entitled to your opinion but I think you are being way too harsh. Not everyone has a gift with the opposite sex and there are a ton of guys out there who are consistantly failing and get frustrated and mad with women over it. It's not the woman's fault that these guys fail, yet these guys blame women for it. They blame women for dating "Jerks", they blame women for not telling them that they aren't interested and will never be, they blame women for making it so hard to approach them, etc. It's not women's fault, it's theirs and they don't know it.

My Guide was to try to show these guys that it is their fault, and that women do not want to be treated bad by a guy in order to fall for them. What women do not want is a spineless guy who caters to her every need because he likes her. That guy is a doormat, who could fall for a doormat? A strong relationship is between two equals.

Yea, I want to apologize too. Us regulars can get very carried away on here. I just browsed your first post and it's pretty well written. Basic, but well written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I blame men for everything.

Tone Guest
    Are you a robot from the future, Diggity.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Yea, I want to apologize too. Us regulars can get very carried away on here. I just browsed your first post and it's pretty well written. Basic, but well written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Thanks! Did you have any thoughts or disagreements for what was posted?

I keep thinking of that Blackstreet song, anyone remember that?

LoL

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Like I said before I think you could help some people with your information but to be honest not everyone is going to read your post because of it's length which is why I threw my suggestion out there to you. Don't take these comments to heart, everyone has their own opinion and personally none of us care for spam which is what we thought you were. I apologize for THAT, but again you are going to have people that are not going to agree with you.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDogg
    Thanks! Did you have any thoughts or disagreements for what was posted?
    I just skimmed it for BS really. I did like your thoughts on getting a number. I agree you need to tell the woman what you want not ask.

"I'm going to take you to dinner this Thursday"

Not

"Do you think you would want to go to dinner with me sometime in the next week or so?"
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yeah, but if I'm not interested in the guy and he tells me he's taking me to dinner or something, I would get irritated that he's telling and not asking.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast