+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Diggity's Guide to Successful Dating, For Men

But you're not interested, so who gives a F*ck?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I agree Junsui...

Probably even if I was interested. I don't like being told what to do. And if I wasn't interested at first, I would be more likely to give him a chance if he asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    Like I said before I think you could help some people with your information but to be honest not everyone is going to read your post because of it's length which is why I threw my suggestion out there to you. Don't take these comments to heart, everyone has their own opinion and personally none of us care for spam which is what we thought you were. I apologize for THAT, but again you are going to have people that are not going to agree with you.
    I understand, apology accepted as I hope you accepted mine. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, I am used to that. I am not used to being dismissed. I had no idea this place gets hit with so much spam. It was my first post here. I just did a google for new Dating sites and this one came up. I decided to give it a shot, not knowing what I was walking into.

I would prefer this: "I want to take you to dinner on Thursday."

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Yes, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDogg
    I understand, apology accepted as I hope you accepted mine. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, I am used to that. I am not used to being dismissed. I had no idea this place gets hit with so much spam. It was my first post here. I just did a google for new Dating sites and this one came up. I decided to give it a shot, not knowing what I was walking into.
    Surprises are fun, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Yes, me too.
    The other method might work on passive, unchallenging girls, though. I suspect that the two of us would rather be approached as equals because we be smart.
    :-)

lol That must be it shh!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I read about the phonenumbers on here and I'll tell you something.

When I was dating, I used to have people ask fro my phone number and I can say I have given out a fake number a lot ( yea I know, but I did). So One night when this guy came over and started talking ( and we got along) he switched it up...he gave me his number and told me to call him. That was the first and only time I ever had that happen and I respected him for doing that. And I did call him afterwards. I thought that was so much better than asking for the girls number instead. because you give them the option, which comes off as being a gentleman.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Me three. Much better!
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

The idea behind not specifically asking for the number has nothing to do with changing someone's mind. Too many "Nice Guys" are afraid of women. Yes I said it, they are afraid of women. They are afraid of not being accepted and they feel they need to ask permission for everything. This is nothing more than an attempt to help guys break this habit. Not many guys will even own up to doing this, but it doesn't change the fact that it is true.

I don't believe in "demanding" anything, but I do think you can "ask" in a number of ways. I would prefer to advise a guy to do the following:

John: "Becky, I want to take you out to this great restaraunt on Tuesday. Are you free that night?"

He is not actually asking her for her permission, he is asking if she is available. I would recommend that over saying:

John: "Becky, Can I take you out to dinner on Tuesday?"

Example one shows more confidence. Of course if the person already has their mind made up, changing how you phrase a question isn't going to change her mind, but these guys need to start acting with more self respect and self confidence.

I wish this thread would die....

The whole phone number thing is only a minor part of what the Guide is about. The Guide is about the "Nice Guy" as I define in the beginning of the Guide. These "Nice Guys" know how to treat a woman good, but they do it at their own expense. They are too selfless and lack the self respect to stand up for what they do not deserve.

The "Nice Guy" I talk about also has some very bad habits that need to be broken in order to change their results towards the positive. The primary one is their fear of rejection. This fear of rejection pushes too many guys into trying to sneak in a relationship with a woman under the disguise of "friendship". This is why so many of these guys end up just being friends with the object of their affection. It has nothing at all to do with "Jerks", it has to do with them not having the balls to stand up and openly persue what they really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    I wish this thread would die....
    Then why are you giving it a free "to the top" by posting?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast