+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum hacked or owners removed lots of features?

Forum hacked or owners removed lots of features?

Looks different and all likes and thanks are removed off accounts and posts, the new posts symbols and posted on arrows are gone and the thread headers are different on the threads and on the main forum, no one else noticed this yet? So nothing good added only good removed it appears. Still no avatar option, no links, and character limit on PMs remain.

i'd say hacked because nothing gets changed on here for better or worse. also, your signature gif is missing and the number of posters in ( __ ) after thread is gone now too.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] - Everything looked and worked the same at the time I last posted on here because I gave yourself, GLYC, My Coffee Cup, Exeter19 and others thanks on all your posts in my thread in Rant and the thanks & likes were showing on posts atm in time. No one was on posting, no admin either. Maybe stuff was removed to take away the slowness of forum, I feel bad for TheEvilJester because he had the most likes, same as Exeter.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I thought the main page looked stark when logging in...now I know why. Should have deleted over 50% of the Love sections old posts to clear space and old members accounts with zero or 1 post... instead of removing the only special feature posters had on here.

Wah, all likes and thanks gone? I can't tell anymore what threads I posted on when last visited now. Can the forum have mods now?
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

I didn't care all that much about the changes except for one change I've noticed so far that really sucks. You used to be able to hover over a thread and see if you've posted in it and how many times. Now, how many times you've posted wasn't important to me and was more just interesting to see....

But if you've posted was very important to me. I don't always have time to read EVERY single thread when I visit, but I do like to make sure I revisit any where I have already participated if they have responses after mine. I like to follow up on ones where I'm already participating. Sometimes I can remember the thread just at a glance, but a lot of people have subjects like "Help me" or "Need advice" or something super generic like that. So now it is impossible for me to tell in cases like that if it is a thread I've participated in before without just opening it.

It figures -- Watch the forum act up again and removing things made no real difference in the end. I don't even know how many likes or thanks I had but so much for that, lmao.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Well, I was "Peter SC" before. That guy was annoying us for a number of months and posting spam. Fortunately, I'm getting him dealt with very soon.

I liked giving thanks as much as getting. Nice to show and get appreciation.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Same here, [MENTION=85495]CantMoveOn[/MENTION]...same here. I always smiled when someone liked or thanked my post, it was nice to see. I guess I like pat pats more than I thought...and similar to jester I hate not knowing what threads I posted in and now don't even know how many times I posted in it. Removing all these extras weren't needed, just clean up stagnate old relationship posts that are long locked... that is what is dragging the forum.

I don't like how bare the forum sections look now.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Thanks all, since can no longer click thanks or like on posts. Good to know it wasn't hacked.

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] About my gif that is weird I looked and it is still in my signature area but some reason not actively showing like dismantled, I put a new one and it also doesn't show. I'd say we can no longer use gifs but dollhouse's gif of a puppy still works. Can anyone see my new gif? signature.

- - - Updated - - -

Still trying to fix it.

Most other forums have admins that actually interact with the users. How do we know if this person sees our posts? They must do, but there's no sure way of telling.

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]

It isn't showing on your posts and I checked your profile and it doesn't show there either. If you didn't remove it and the link still showed in your signature slot then was it disabled?

It looks like someone in administration must fixed it for me or maybe unblocked those gif images? because it definitely didn't work when I was last online and lovebroken couldn't see it afterward either.

THANK YOU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast