+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tomorrow is my ex's birthday. it's been a week, do I give her the gifts I got her?

Tomorrow is my ex's birthday. it's been a week, do I give her the gifts I got her?

I bought everything before the breakup. Concert tickets which she knew I was buying (that I have no interest in), 2 pairs of leggings and a pair of shoes. I was told "she needed time and to be alone so she could heal" We dated almost a year, and she was about a year moved on from a bad divorce and just has major issues clinging on to her past mentally. She doesn't need to heal from anything I did.. but it's possible me being around wasn't helping her in her mind.. Our relationship moved fast and I think got too serious before she was ready. She hasn't contacted me since breaking up with me over the phone, leaving me with a ton of questions as to why it all ended so soon.

Feel like it would be a weight lifted off my shoulders to just give her the gifts as I did buy them for her out of love. And honestly I still love her and want her back bad, but that doesn't seem possible right now.. Don't want to hurt my situation with her any more, because I do really love her.. but I'm thinking of just leaving the gifts and a card at her doorstep.. is this the right move? I wrote a note on a card explaining the situation that I accept her decision and that it's no intent to manipulate her or make her feel sorry.. just don't know what else to do with them but give them to her. Only thing that feels right.. Women tell me your perspective on this.

Well man if you feel like giving it to her then do finish this. That could be a good closure and chance to talk things out. So that your heart dont hurt cause everything been talked out. Leaving it at doorstep? Is that what you really want to do or you want to give it to her personaly and explain yourself to her?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Well man if you feel like giving it to her then do finish this. That could be a good closure and chance to talk things out. So that your heart dont hurt cause everything been talked out. Leaving it at doorstep? Is that what you really want to do or you want to give it to her personaly and explain yourself to her?
    I'd give it to her personally but don't think she wants to see me yet and she has two kids which would make it awkward and likely inappropriate.

Then go for it ! If you cant meet then give it to her unpersonally but first try the brave option.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Leave them for her with the note you have planned. However, you do need to prepare for the chance that she may not contact you about it. It would be rude of her to do that, to at least not let you know she received the gifts, but just in case it does happen, it's best to prepare for any situation. Best of luck!

she requested no contact so respect her wish if you ever want to see her again. if you get back together you can give her the gifts you bought as a belated birthday gifts. wait for her to make next move in relationship.

- - - Updated - - -

surprisingly three guys that think they are female on this thread

Dude, stay away from her. She's not your GF anymore, so you don't give her gifts, or anything else. It's over. You have those things? regift them to someone else.