+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My wife looks at her ex boyfriends wives photos on instagram

My wife looks at her ex boyfriends wives photos on instagram

So I have this question for the ladies out there. My wife and I have been together for 11 years now and we have had our ups and downs like anyone else. So I've noticed that she likes to search ex's occasionally on social media, which is no biggie as its not very often, however she seems to be checking on her ex boyfriends wife on instagram every few days and looking at any new photos she puts up....I am just trying to understand what this may mean from a female perspective. Do any of you do this and what are your reasons for doing it?

I think it's just out of curiosity. My question to you is....why are you snooping? Why are you not respecting her privacy?

Could be a number of things: out of curiosity, she still has a thing for the ex so she is trying to compare herself to her, she has nice fashion/style and so trying to get inspiration, etc.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

she is probably comparing her appearance like shape, makeup and clothing choices to theirs to see if ex made a better deal. does she post or dm ex's or their wife them on media? if not i won't worry as just killing her boring free time.

Thanks for responding, I hate snooping, although our relationship has been such that I have trust issues due to past facebook chats with a past boyfriend and also a "friend" with whom the chat was quite suggestive. I felt at the time, that if she had met with the "friend" that she would have slept with him...so I am insecure, I'm working on that too as best I can.

Is the ex's wife more attractive than your wife? Would she think his wife was more attractive than herself? Might be some odd competition thing some women have and has zero to do with her actual ex.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I agree with [MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION] is simple competitive curiosity hy your wife. otherwise be jumping on his post no hers