+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean?

What does this mean?

Short version, I'm in the horse world. There is a guy I see about once a month at my barn. We have a professional relationship. We are both in our thirties and both married. Me longer than him. He is known as the guy girls drool over. I think he knows he's good looking and enjoyes the attention. He has no reason that I can see to continue to "work" any charm over me since we've been in this setting for almost a year now. He has called me "darlin" more than once on his way out the door, always talks to me like friends when he's around, except the one time my husband was there and he was quiet. Polite, but quiet. He's stopped dead in his tracks when he thought a horse was going to spook to tell me to stay where I was, repeatedly until he was sure the situation was safe, almost as if he was damn sure I needed his protection or safety knowledge. I don't believe I was in danger as I was aware and paying attention on my own. He found out it was my birthday and bought me a muffin and a treat for my son who he knew I had with me that day. He said he had to stop for a coffee so he grabbed those too but he never gets coffee to bring with him and we usually see each other at the same time of morning each month. My question is, am I falling for it and reading too much into it? Not looking to do a thing about it since we are both married but I would like to know what reality is here. Side note, his wife is thin and pretty and into the same things as him. I'm battling losing baby weight but would put myself in the same pretty category as her.

I don't know what you are seeing, but what I can see from where I sit, he's just a nice guy. If he was average or not attractive would you assume the same thing?

Maybe there's just narrow minded assumption that since he's attractive, he must be some kind of player/ ladies man/ attention getter. I believe if everyone looks past his looks, he's no different than anyone else.

I went through the same thing in my younger days...since I was getting attention from men, women/female coworkers assumed I was a s&*^/ wh%$# and nothing but trouble. It was very hurtful because I wasn't any of that.
    Last edited by smackie09; 13-07-18 at 05:47 AM.