+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give her this?

Should I give her this?

Hi ladies,

First of all, thank you so much for viewing this post!

So.... I am fortunate enough to have an amazing girl in my life right now, I absolutely adore her. I want to give her a meaningful gift (not for any special reason, but because I can)

I really want to give her a copy of my favourite book. This book has such a deep meaning for me and I'd love to share it with her. I've bought a beautiful hardback, and I'm going to inscribe it for her, and give it as a gift.

However..... she hates reading. She finds it really boring for some reason. She's also mildly dyslexic and struggles with things like that. So I have a dilemma... should I give it to her even if she doesn't like it? And should I be worried if she takes it as an insult because she struggles a little bit?

Thanks so much for replies!!

That book could last her a lifetime lol since she wont touch it after putting it away.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Give it and just tell her why you gave it to you in your inscription. That should solve her taking offense due to her slight? dyslexia. You bought it for her so give it to her, IMO.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

I agree with giving her the book regardless of all the "ifs, and, or buts", involved.

hopefully she will accept your rationale if properly presented to her in your inscription..