+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Fiancee broke up with me 3 weeks ago after 13 years of relationship

My Fiancee broke up with me 3 weeks ago after 13 years of relationship

My Fiancee broke up with me 3 weeks ago after 13 years of relationship, we were together since she was 17 and I was 19. I am the first person who in serious relationship with her. We have lived together for almost 9 years and we engaged 4 years ago.
    I knew our sparks was gone years ago but I still love her very much. She finished her PHD in college 2 years ago and got her first job for about 1 and half year now. I felt she has changed since she got her job.
    6 months ago, She was breaking up with me, she told me she feel that I am like a family/best friend to her more then a lover, she said she love me but not in love with me, she doesn't want to hurt me because I had been very good to her. She wanted me to be friend with her. I heart was broken, my family was on holiday and I didn't have the key for their house so she let me stay until my family come back from holiday (about 30 days later) , we were still sleeping in the same bed but I can't touch her, but it was so painful for me, I tried to hold her hand many times, some night she let me hold her hand and cuddle, but the next morning she could turn cold on me again, at the end we back together before my family came back.
    so after the first break up without moving out from the house and then back together. We feel the love spark again, and she even said to me "I love you" before I said it. (I can't remember when was the last time she said "I love you" to me first). But the spark feeling was gone again the feeling calm down after 2-3 months, until 5 weeks ago we went for holiday together, we went to Santarini, Greece for a week together, we were happy and had fun. After 1 week we came back from holiday, It was the night before her birthday she broke up with me again, She said she thought she may want to marry me after went to Santarini together, but she doesn't. She said she was happy when we were on the holiday, but she wasn't romantically happy. She said she was happy and enjoyed the holiday like going with a friend. She said she doesn't know what is holding her back from marry me, may be I am not the right person for her. I asked her does she want to take a break or actual break up? she wanted to break up. I replied if she really want to break up this time, I will accept it, I checked my phone and it had just pass mid-night, I said happy birthday to her, then she cried and said that "Don't be so good to me" and but I said I don't want to break up with her on her birthday, I don't want her to remember this break up every year on her birthday. She was crying and said " I deserve it". That night we talked about we should take care of herself and myself until very late and then I fell asleep first, the next morning we woke up and I saw there were a lot of tissue paper next to her pillow, so I guess she cried a lot after I fell asleep. We went to a very nice restaurant after work, I also got her flowers. We came home after dinner and we talk and kiss a lot that night until 12:20am, and I said it's time for me to go, we had our last kiss and then I left the house, she was crying and stood at the door and watch me leave.

She told me that we should not contact each other for a while, but we didn't set a time limit, We haven't contact since I left the house 3 weeks ago. She has blocked me on Whatsapp and ignored me on facebook messenger.

Does she broke up with me because she felt bored for this 13 years relationship? I know that she had never be with another man before, so she can not compare if I am the right person for her?
    Do you guys / girls think I may have a good chance to get back together with my ex after may be a few months with no contact? Will she just move on?

Some people don’t realize that having a crush or being in love is fundamentally different to loving a person.

Maybe she has got to know another guy whom she crushed on. Maybe not. Maybe she had a ons or just enjoyed flattery by someone.
    Maybe not.

Some people are just not capable of love at some stages of their lifes

You just want her to be well? That’s a sign of real love.
    But she doesn’t really love. She was in love once. I don’t doubt that. But this butterfly in the stomach love thingy fades.
    And she is missing it. I can understand.

Real live sits beneath that tho. It’s not that noticeable at first. And maybe she just doesn’t have it.

However sometimes you also ought to be the man. You ought to decide and make her do stuff just for the sake of making her do what you want. It radiates masculinity and attracts women.
    Fighting for them or seducing and attracting them is nothing you let go after 10 years
    It’s something you continuously do