+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s something you think every person should experience in their lifetime?

I think every person needs to experience camping, or other wilderness experiences, like kayaking, in their life. Being out in the wilderness, away from mass amounts of people, little electronic use. There's something about it that just resonates so much with how people were meant to live.

No schedule, no deadlines, no constant checking emails, etc.

It makes me feel in ways that no other experience can. And it really clears your head.

I keep getting this: You must spread some Reputation around ......... comment. With the thanks and likes system, I never received a message that I could no longer give appreciation points.

Thanks each of you.

I was on tv as a kid with our school band was a local cable station for a telethon but was still tv
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    I was on tv as a kid with our school band was a local cable station for a telethon but was still tv
    That counts as far as I am concerned. I just think it is cool being able to see yourself on TV (and I don't just mean you film a home video and watch that). So, it is just something I think is fun to do. I kind of think of it like doing a zip line. If you lived your whole life and never did a zip line it isn't like your life would be unfulfilled. But, why not try it? It's fun.

Going to other countries may help, as a change of scenery may benefit your health. I wish I could do it, but I ended up agoraphobic a long time ago, because of a panic attack that I suffered. But before that, I used to like going on trips. Now I cannot do it very often. If you want to know where I live, I am in Edinburgh and I find going to places like Falkirk and Glasgow is a chore now, and they are only like 30 to 50 miles from my hometown. If I was going to travel anywhere, I would rather be driven around in a car. It makes me feel less anxious. Usually, the anxiety does subside after a bit. And by the way, the owner of this site needs to delete this stupid spam and remove the annoying adverts that appear in some of the posts. Could he or she not place the adverts somewhere else if they need them for to fund the website?

I actually have court again this Friday, because of that Sara De Las Heras and Joanna Sharp crap again. Sara lives in a different town now, but I was not aware of that at all. She used to be in a relationship with this guy who has a fitness business. Well, I am not supposed to contact them for a period of 5 years, but I think the orders will expire in 2020 (unless they are extended by the court). Because remember: I am made out to be this bad person, just for latching onto the very people that were once being paid to support me. The thing with a lot of people like Sara is that they just get jobs like this because they need the money. They do not truly understand the difficulties that autistic people face due to their condition. Sadly, a lot of autistic people get branded as losers and I once had a prostitute posting a blog entry about me online, referring to me as one of society's rejects and saying things about me that I will not repeat here. Yet she did not mind taking my cash, however. Sure, I agree that with people like support workers, they are there to play a role in your life. That is all they are and you should not get attached to workers linked to the care profession, but it is easy to do this if you are lonely and depressed, which can make you appear desperate. It is meant to be a professional relationship, so there are strict rules. But it annoys me how people like them massively exaggerate about your intentions and think you are some freak of nature, just because you tried to be a normal person and reach out for their help. Maybe asking them to be a friend or love interest if they left their job is inappropriate, but I really never understood what all their commotion and dramatic response was all about. Lots of people feel lonely in life.

This all basically started because I did not watch my impulses. I was having an argument with this guy online who knew about them supporting me. He goes to some place called Number 6 for people with autism. He was going about with a female service user at the time and I kind of had an interest in her. He made fun of me on Facebook and he said that the reason women never date me is because I wear smelly clothes and I have a giant pair of paedophile glasses, and that I should buy designer glasses instead. Yes, he actually said that to me. Unfortunately, he ran to Sara a few times and said all this stuff about me just to cause trouble, and he was also hanging around my supported accommodation at night, in the staff flat where she worked, when he did not even live there. She turned against me, likely because of that garbage he showed her on the Internet, or because other support workers reported me for saying I had feelings for Sara. It is a huge gamble to be too honest about yourself, as they can end up turning on you when they think everybody else out there believes you are nuts as well. Just because I was in a bad mood, I said sexist and racist things to her in a message over 4 years ago, but that happened after she was removed as my key worker. The court just took their side and my life has been miserable for years because of being in jail and all the crap I have had to put up with has destroyed my chances of getting a job too. In recent years, I have found that the Internet and most things in general that I used to enjoy are not that interesting any longer. But it is hard to make the necessary changes when I do not even get help any longer from social services. You cannot really trust those type of people, because all they do is write reports about your business and that is why I say you should avoid them if you can.

So, what was the question? Awe yes, having a baby! Bringing life into the world or just holding a precious, new baby. Their tiny fingers and toes. Their total reliance in your love and care. Seeing a pregnant woman growing life in her belly!

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    So, what was the question? Awe yes, having a baby! Bringing life into the world or just holding a precious, new baby. Their tiny fingers and toes. Their total reliance in your love and care. Seeing a pregnant woman growing life in her belly!
    Oh gosh.... can I just bring a kitten into this world instead? I really don't think the world needs more of me. LOL!

By the way, welcome back, Snow. Feel like it's been a little while since we've seen you.

In my opinion, I think you are wrong! I read your posts and find you to be sensitive, respectful and funny. This world needs a lot of you! Is it weird that when Deathpool 2 came out, I automatically thought of you? Ok, I'm not a stalker but, I think I may have a crush on you.

Yes, kittens are a start. Planting flowers and watching them bloom is very fulfilling.

I wouldn't think that so weird considering all the pics of me as Deadpool I've posted here. And thank you for the kind words, Snow. I've, myself, kind of gone back and forth on the kids thing. Used to always want to have kids, these days I don't think I do anymore. I mean... not like I really even have the option anyway, or ever will. LOL!

I guess, in the end, it would be down to whatever the 100% fictional Mrs. Evil Jester would want. In other words, I don't think I want children anymore.... but I'm not sure if I am 100% completely against the idea. For the right gal I MAYBE would feel differently if she wanted them. I'm not sure, though.

Flowers may be fulfilling, but they don't meow at you or sit in your lap or anything fun like that. LOL! My Izzy is basically a little daddy's girl. She follows me around everywhere.

Anyway, I will get back to the point...

- Everybody should experience the beach (any beach) at least once. ....And that is coming from a guy who doesn't really like the beach (I did as a kid, I don't anymore). It holds absolutely zero interest for me anymore... but it is still one of those bucket list kinda things that I feel like you should at least try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12