+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s something you think every person should experience in their lifetime?

What’s something you think every person should experience in their lifetime?

I think two come to my mind right now which would be, independence and unconditional love.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

i'd say traveling overseas. visiting other countries and cultures helps you understand the world a little better, expands your perceptions too.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Owning a pet, you mentioned unconditional love, no one gives that better than a pet, especially a dog and sometimes a cat, and or bunny, parrot lol I think parents should let kids have pets to teach about loving another, caring for another and being responisble too.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Thank you for replying. Tried to at least 'rep" both of you and wouldn't allow me this time.

I agree with both the comments you made. I always had pets as a kid and I traveled to Uk and Australia but after my ex and what happened and I slumped in my life I haven't gone overseas again Go to NY a lot still though.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    Owning a pet, you mentioned unconditional love, no one gives that better than a pet, especially a dog and sometimes a cat, and or bunny, parrot lol
    Oh that's right! Thanks for that. Was going to say I never have... but come to think of it I definitely have experienced that with pets. My cat right now is such a daddy's girl, in fact.

Which means, so far I've done everything on our list! Yay! LOL!

Being the HUGE nerd I am, and being a big kid at heart, I'll add two from my own list:

- Disney World and/or Disneyland. To me, that is just something you should try even just once. But, again, maybe that is just because I am such a big kid at heart. Maybe it isn't for everybody.

- Virtual Reality. I am absolutely thrilled that this has actually become a thing in my life time. Not only has it become a thing, but it is actually really good. I mean, I'm sure it will be even better years from now as it progresses as a technology... but honestly, it is pretty amazing now. Now, I'm a pretty big nerd. LOL! So, I get that not everybody will be as into VR as I am myself. I already own an Oculus Rift, an Oculus Go (the portable/standalone version) and a PSVR. But, I think it is something everybody should try, even if just once. It may not be something everybody feels the need to have in their home, but it is something you should at least try at a place that is demoing it or something like that.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]... I love Disneyland sooooooooo much!

I agree and like all the things mentioned so far... not much else to add other than it is good for all to experience heartbreak and failure early on. It makes you stronger, helps you persevere and see your own self-worth and gives you goals to work towards too.

Aw [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]. My little Hazel too. Sometimes feel I'll never have a partner who loves me as much as my dog loves me.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    Aw [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]. My little Hazel too. Sometimes feel I'll never have a partner who loves me as much as my dog loves me.
    I mean... I know that to be true with me. LOL! Well, obviously I meant my Izzy, though, not your Hazel. LOL! I'd have to actually have a partner to have a chance of ever having one who loves me as much as my Izzy-muffin.

That's okay, I guess. Well... it's not, but I'm learning to BE okay with it.

Oh! I thought of another one.

- Meeting one of your favorite celebrities.

I feel like everybody should have the experience, at least once in their life, of meeting some celebrity they admire. It's too cool meeting somebody face to face that you've admired on TV, or in movies, or whatever. So I feel like even if meeting celebs isn't your thing per se, it is at least something you should get to do at some point.

Thank you, TheEvilJester and dollhouse.

I went to Disneyworld in grade 9. Loved it.

I will reply more on what you both said next visit, so hot in this room have to shut my computer down for today. Keep cool in this summer heat everyone!
    ― Eckhart Tolle

University, higher education & like Exeter mentioned ~ traveling around the world.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I left my studies when I moved to be with my partner. Once back to my country and several years later I went back to uni. Funnily enough, he wouldn't support me going to uni there, even though he wouldn't have been paying for me to go, yet he got his law degree for himself. Obviously, a case of wanting to be better than me and holding me back in most ways made that happen.
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Weirdly enough, I would say forgiveness of another person or more importantly of yourself. The power of forgiveness is like handing yourself or another a miracle in the sense that it actually brings you the ability to heal and move forward with ease and then live your best life without being bogged down with holding onto hate or self-hate.

[MENTION=85495]CantMoveOn[/MENTION]
    I don't think it was fair for you to leave your studies and move to let him continue his studies to earn his degree and then he would help or support you. That man was one selfish asshole, you, in the end, made the best choice for you in returning home, he was never on your side looking out for your best interest, only his.

I agree, your partner should be your greatest cheerleader.
    I could never do that, I would push my partner towards becoming better for herself.
    It's selfish to do otherwise. Grow together.

Absolutely agreed. Your partner should be the one most supporting you. If you want to achieve something, they should be your biggest supporter. I don't care if they are male or female, if the relationship is gay or straight, or whatever the case may be. If your partner isn't supporting you and wanting you to be the best you that you can be then they aren't a good partner in my opinion.

I could never understand that male ego thing. If I was lucky enough to have a good woman in my life, I wouldn't care if she was smarter than me, made more money than me, or whatever the heck. Hell, I admire smart women, strong women, driven women, etc. Only makes me admire them even more.

Anyway, getting back on topic...

- Seeing yourself on TV

Whether you are actually IN something, or even just in the background like in the crowd at a sporting event or comedy show or something, it is just kinda cool seeing yourself on TV. Okay, so it isn't like something where I think your life would never be fulfilled unless you get to do it, but it is pretty cool. So, I'll add it to my list of stuff. I've actually achieved this myself a few times. Nothing all that big a deal. Was just me in the crowd, but it is still pretty cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast