+ Follow This Topic

Thread: well this is embarassing

well this is embarassing

okay
    hi
    this is a first post i write

I fell in love with a guy i met at game. It was about a year ago when i met him. We were just a friend back then but he is very kind. But a few weeks after our meeting, he stopped play the game. And i met him again in a same game in May. We started chat in a social media. He is a funny guy and our hobby is the same. He makes me really comfortable with him. Then, when im on a trip to his city, we decided to meet. It was short but im happy we finally meet in real life. Now, we both really dont play the game but we keep in touch. When he text me, he is very funny,kind, and sometimes romantic. But he text me rarely (every 2-3 days i think). I was sure he is not busy, because he is on a golden week. But when i intiated to text him, he never shows that he bothered by me and sometimes we text until midnight But i really dont know if he has a feeling for me. Because i dont want to waste my time on a false hope. When i needed his help, he really helps me until the problem solved. I dont want to looked like im needy. But i reaaaally love him. i mean, its already 3 months from our first text.

Dayum 3 months is a long time. You should meet again and see how things goes. Im sure he have some feelings otherwise he would not be so nice and helpful.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Not that three months is necessarily a long time, but it is kind of a long time to like somebody and yet not make a move. So, my gut reaction is he probably only likes you as a friend and that is why he seems to enjoy your company, but has never made a move to ask you out. ....BIG probably on that one, though. I say that because, as a super shy guy, I know that sometimes just because a guy doesn't ask you out, it doesn't necessarily mean it is because he doesn't want to ask you out.

So, there certainly is the possibility that he DOES want to ask you out, but for one reason or another just hasn't gotten around to it. There is also the possibility that he hadn't thought of asking you out.... but would still be open to it if you asked.

So, either way I think my advice would be to just ask him our yourself. At least if that is what you want. If you want to just be friends with him, then maybe just proceed as is and start dropping the word "friend" a lot just to hint at that being all you see for the relationship. If you do, though, want to date him, then no harm in being the first one to ask.

Or if you aren't ready for that yet (you are still hoping maybe he'll ask first) maybe just try some subtle flirting, dropping hints, etc. for a little bit and hope he takes the bait. Just don't wait around for too long hoping he'll make the first move. If he never does, then you should just try. Otherwise it will be the same cycle over and over and you'll never know.... or you'll eventually just move on, forget him, but part of you may always wonder what if.

Best of luck to you either way.

He's not that into you if he isn't putting in a strong effort. He's just treating you like a friend.

So what are you going to do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie09 View Post
    He's not that into you if he isn't putting in a strong effort. He's just treating you like a friend.
    PROBABLY. But, again, that isn't necessarily a foregone conclusion. He could just be shy/trying to work up to it. So, even though I do agree it is probably a case of him not being interested in anything more than just a friendship, I still think it is worth it at least to give it a shot. Unless, of course, the OP only wants a friendship, but by the fact that she started this thread I'm assuming she wants it to be more.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. So, why not just give it a shot? Even if it turns out he's not interested, at least then you'd know. Much better than A) continuing to be left wondering or B) deciding to forget him and move on... but part of you will maybe always wonder what could have been had you tried. Not to mention... what if it turns out he was interested after all? What if he just hadn't yet gotten up the nerve to try? So, at least in my opinion, it is at least worth it to try before just giving up on the whole thing.

Seems like he is treating you as a good friend. If you really like him then you need to make some efforts to get him realized your feelings. Just tell him directly that you like him and want to be in a relationship.
    Regards
    Dawghoused
    Relationship Expert
    www.dawghoused.com