+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF working long hours.... (vent)

BF working long hours.... (vent)

LIke the title says, I'm mostly here to vent. My BF got a new job about a month ago and with his new schedule we have only been able to see eachother about once a week, but we still talked every day. They promoted him from managing one store, to managing 5 stores, and not only have I not seen him in almost 2 weeks, I have only talked to him twice in the last week. I'm not sure how long I can do this. He says it will probably be like this until February. I'm sure he is not cheating or anything because when I do talk to him, he usually calls me from the main store. Plus he has pretty much dropped off the radar of our mutual friends too. They miss him just like I do I'm just wondering if maybe he is too busy for a relationship right now When I spoke to him on Tuesday, he was at home and he almost fell asleep while he was on the phone with me. (It was about 1am and he had just gotten home from the office) Even when he is able to talk to his friends he is always tired. I really don't want him to feel obligated to try and keep me happy while he is so busy. I know he does, because whenever we talk he tells me he worries about his new working schedule damaging our relationship. I am a pretty patient person so it is not bothering me too much yet, but it worries me that he is so tired all the time. Well, Thats all for now. I feel much better now that I was able to get that out of my system. Thanks
    Last edited by smilingeyes; 11-11-05 at 01:39 AM. Reason: miss-spellings

Tone Guest
    Aww, that sucks ;[

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you really want to be with this person you ahve to stick by them through thick and thin. Not everything comes easy and if you can get through the hard times, you can get through anything. It will be hard on you both, but just keep making the effort to talk as much as possible and the time you do spend together make it quality time. I know exactly how you feel, and how hard it is but as long as you both make an effort things will be ok. Good luck to you dear!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

So you're dating a successful, hardworking guy who just got promoted? tough one. My guess is this post was for selfish reasons and for someone to take pity on you; not me. You should be happy you're with someone like this, and not a lazy, unambitious type.

Lots of wives b*tch that they're husbands work all the time and have no time for them or kids; well, maybe they have to work hard to provide for their family...

Aww, be nice Lloyd. She just misses him.

Yea and I miss my left testicle but I'm not posting about it
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Haha - what happened to your left testicle?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Haha - what happened to your left testicle?
    Nothing, it's just been hiding in my pants all morning
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

but that's a pretty lame thing..
    "Ogres are like onions."

lloyd: I MISS him... I'm not complaining so much as just venting.

Everyone else: Thanks. We made plans for next weekend, set in concrete I'm so proud of how well he is doing, i just miss him so much. I think I'll try and stop by his work during my lunch today. I've done it before, but usually he is too busy to talk or anything. At least I'll get to see him. Have a wonderful day you guys

Quote Originally Posted by smilingeyes
    lloyd: I MISS him... I'm not complaining so much as just venting.
    OK; just don't complain to him, it's not his fault. Should he take a lower position just so he can appease a girl? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    OK; just don't complain to him, it's not his fault. Should he take a lower position just so he can appease a girl? No.
    I've told him several times how proud I am of him and not to worry because I'm here for him. I am just venting!!!!! Maybe I was wrong to do so.

No, that's not it. Lloyd is just a workaholic, and doesn't want to be nagged about it. He is right, though. I have great respect for men that will work hard, and lots of women b*tch about it for little reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    No, that's not it. Lloyd is just a workaholic, and doesn't want to be nagged about it. He is right, though. I have great respect for men that will work hard, and lots of women b*tch about it for little reason.
    I'm not really a workahohlic; just in some cases, long hours are needed to get ahead. More so when yoy're younger (ie- < 40)

Lucky for you, then, that your youth is almost gone, Lloyd!!
    haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast