+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My first time liking a GIRL. Should I pursue the relationship? Or is it just a crush?

My first time liking a GIRL. Should I pursue the relationship? Or is it just a crush?

So, I am 18 (girl) and in my final year of school in Australia. I met this amazing girl about 8 months ago and we have finally confessed that we like each other as more than friends. We kissed for the first time, and it was amazing.

However, I am not sure if we should pursue a relationship. This is BOTH of our first time's liking girls (I thought I was straight until her), and I'm not sure if this is just a teenage crush, or someone that I could see myself being with. I'm not even sure if I am definitely gay or bi! I just know that I am attracted to her.

Also, her parents are pretty 'old school' Christian and they wouldn't approve of the relationship. PLUSSS this is a time during school where I need to focus more than ever and I'm worried that she will be a distraction to my studies.

PLEASEEEE can someone tell me what to do. How do i tell if this is more than just an attraction? Should I wait it out and get to know her more? Should I try and pursue a relationship? Above anything else, I don't want to ruin the amazing friendship we have formed.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

You are an adult, you do whatever you want. This is up to you.

hey , though i am a male, i still want to give advice to you. Allowing for your dilemma , the best choice i suggest to you is to first concentrate on your studies. I know that type of puppy love, very deep and very fresh to you. As you mention, you are now doubting about your love and the sexual orientation of yourself. If you cannot clear to identify both of two aspect, you have better stay in the origin and continue something you can control and you confirm you want to do which is your study. As you are 18 not so young but also not too mature enough to handle love or even sex. I strongly suggest when you focus on studies , you can spare time to think of these question and try to handle that things. As time goes by, you will learn how to do and how to handle love or your parents can give you opinion on that. I hope it can be helpful to you~

I figure you are best to get the experience now rather than much later.....your future relationships will benefit from early experiences. Just live in the here and now, and enjoy discovering your sexuality.