+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle Rock ( TV show) Chat about it thread.

Castle Rock ( TV show) Chat about it thread.

I know this forum has a lot of Stephen King fans so thought all of us could discuss this new show in here hope others who see the show will post.

Show has 10 episodes. Stars several actors and actresses who starred in King movies. IT, Carrie, Needful things, Rose red etc. I saw a preview that also alludes to Cujo story too.

The series is set to explore the themes and worlds uniting King's entire canon, while brushing up against some of his most iconic and beloved stories.

Castle Rock is part of Stephen King's fictional Maine topography and provides the setting for a number of his novels, novellas, and short stories. Castle Rock first appeared in King's 1979 novel The Dead Zone, and has reappeared as late as his 2013 novel Doctor Sleep and 2014 novel Revival (see list below). The name is taken from the fictional mountain fort of the same name in William Golding's 1954 novel Lord of the Flies.

King, a native of Durham, Maine, created a trinity of fictional Maine towns – Castle Rock, Derry and Jerusalem's Lot as central settings in more than one work.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Oh ~ never even heard about this show. If I can find links online for it, I will give it a watch. Sounds good. Does it have the actual characters in the moment or as older people? This show must have happened off the hit IT was and the one done for TV Geralds game?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thanks, breathe. They released three episode right away for people to watch. I really enjoyed all three of my favorite characters so far are Henry, Molly, and prison guard ( young guy, forget his characters name) find the old warden and the shawshank prisoner interesting but they have him speaking next to nothing so far. Not sure which characters are actual ones from other King movie/stories other than I think the old police sherrif is from Needful things movie and goes by same name but in the movie was played by Ed Harris and in thsi is played by Scott Glen. Sissy Spacek doesn't play an adult Carrie though, is another character Henry's adoptive mother.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

No, haven't seen it but I need a new summer show to watch so I am happy to watch and discuss it.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Thanks, CantMoveOn. They won't say what Pennywise actors name is in this show only goes by Shawshank prisoner or the kid etc and even in the show, his lawyer told him not to tell anyone his name because if they don't know his name they can't get him on anything or search records on him. I think they said that so the viewers don't know who he is supposed to be, but he has to be one of the evil demons out of Kings books, movies and one that showed up more than once or one from the castle Rock town they are in. I first thought because Needful Things was in castle Rock it was that demon that ran the shop, or my friend said it could be Randall Flagg ( not sure if exact right name) because that demon devil was in several books of kings 8 or 9, maybe and always goes my the initials R F so if the kids name was to be said to us as Richard Frank ( R F) or Ronald Fletcher ( R F ) we the viewrs would guess it was The Stand demon in disguise as the prisoner at Shawshank and they want to keep us in suspense.

- - - Updated - - -

The one from Needful Things is called: Leland Gaunt. The sheriff Alan Pangborn is in the show too, and he was the sheriff in the book, movie Needful Things.

But Randall Flagg can shape change between human and animals, to demon so he can look like anyone and be any age he wants to be.

I saw promos for the show online and some clips I am hoping to dive into it next month and when I do I will be certain to discuss it with you, lovebroken in your thread. I have always loved the Stephen King universe, books, and movies and I am hoping this will be excellent like most of his other projects are.

Look forward to yourself and CantMoveOn watching the first episodes and discussing with you both.

I heard someone say that they wonder if the Shawshank prisoner might be Mr. Grey ( alien ) from Dreamcatcher who can take on the body of humans too. But, I am hoping it is Randall Flagg

I was wondering when that was out ~ So you like it, lovebroken? How far in are they? Is it a release all at once or a watch one a week?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

They had another episode on. It is telling us more now. I have a brand new theory off this last episode. Eagerly awaiting someone of you, to watch the show to so I can discuss with you my theory and see if you feel the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think we have spoiler tags on here, do we? was looking for them so I could post my theory without spoiling anything for others, but, testing to see if this will suffice or not

I still haven't had time to watch the series but if you have stuff you want to say it is your thread and you should type as you please. We all will eventually catch up to watching it, as from past posts and threads the website has many King fans. I liked The Stand too, and Needful Things, Carrie, Cujo, all that you referenced that the series models after.

Thank you, topazlight. I will hold off until yourself or one of the other posters who said they were interested in watching the tv show watches the first three episodes.

Ooooh, Ooooh.... I am having a good sit down and binge session of the released episodes this weekend, lovebroken so I'll tell you all my thoughts on the show at that point on my next visit online here... I heard it was a good show and mystery.

Thanks, dollhouse.

Has no one watched this show yet but me? [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] or [MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION] [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] you all like horror genre too?

My theory was the boy is not evil, I think the evil comes more from Henry( all this happened when the warden put his name into the kids ear and he asked for him, henry has a dark past too) not the ageless kid in the cage that the warden imprisoned, there was a reason when the warden knew after touching the kid he would then kill himself, I don't think the kid can control what happens when he touches people, only warn then or try not to touch them if possible, I don't think he is the evil one, but he isn't human, alien? and he has special powers. Sort of like John Coffey from Green Mile, he had powers and was misunderstand but he wasn't evil and he could transfer his powers to cause harm or good. Same way the boy said in last episode he could help sissy spacek character to the old sherrif. Like John Coffey helped Tom Hanks and the wardens wife.

I haven't even heard of this show, hence why I'd not joined in on this conversation. I may see if I can find it on the Netflix or the Hulu, though, and give it a look see.

Based on the title, I assume it is about a castle and Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson is the king. Is that right? Because then it sounds right up my alley. LOL!

I'm so frustrated with this website I can't even enjoy posting anymore

Hope this mess gets cleaned up and can go back to feeling good about here and we can discuss Castle Rock. The Rock would be cool in this show actually. Let me know when you watch the tv series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast