+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She wants to take my son away after the divorce.

She wants to take my son away after the divorce.

When my wife worked abroad, she met a man who eventually became her lover. Due to that, we broke up. She filed a divorce which will be granted soon. But that is not the problem here. It’s about her taking my son, Mike, away from me. I understand that when the parents got divorced, the kids should at least be at the mother’s jurisdiction. However, this is not how it goes here. She said they will be moving to a foreign country soon and she won’t tell me where exactly. My concern is, I have to know so that I can visit my son anytime I want. She did not seem to understand it that way. She literally wants me to cut off the tie with my son, which is not right. I would never agree to that. Can we not let our son decide whom he wants to stay with? Mike just turned 12 and old enough to decide on his own.

You should consult with a family lawyer.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Like the above saying, you have better seek help from lawyer who are professional in this case. Once she took your son left, you could never track their way and lived without your son. So did it as soon as possible to avoid her working out her own decision on child caring. I think you are a good father to your son though you might not be a good husband to her. It would be a tragedy if your son could never see his loved father again . So try your best to gain your son back~